This cake is a fool proof one,a guaranteed pleasure for everyone even those who do not like orange cakes. Fluffy, moist, light and goes very well with the holidays. Leave it plain, or top with cream cheese frosting for a festive presentation.
This cake calls for a 1tsp of orange zest and 1 cup of orange juice, but if your audience likes orange you can add more zest and if they do not, you can skip the zest altogether.
You can leave it plain or top with glaze, dust it with powdered sugar or make a cream cheese icing … kids will rave about this one.
Here is a short video on how to make this easy orange cake. Enjoy the holiday season.
- 3 Eggs.
- 3/4 c of granulated sugar.
- 1/2 c of oil + 1/4 c of sour cream or 3/4 c of oil if you do not have sour cream
- A dash of vanilla powder.
- 1 c of orange juice.
- 1 tsp orange zest- or more depending on your liking.
- 2 c of flour.
- 2 tsp baking powder.
- 1/2 c powdered sugar + 2tsp of water+vanilla powder.
- In your blender crack the eggs.Add the pinch of vanilla powder and blend
- Add the sugar, blend again
- Add the oil, blend
- Add the orange zest and juice and blend AGAIN.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder
- Add the flour gradually and mix using a wooden spoon, wire whisk or electric mixer.
- Bake at 350F in a bundt pan/ 13x9 inch pan,from 35-40 minutes
- Or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Mix the glaze and drizzle on top.
- If your taste buds do not mind it, I highly recommend increasing the orange zest to a Tbsp or even more. You can sniff the batter or even taste it before baking to make sure it is the just right for you.
- This note has been added after one of the readers felt it does not have enough flavor.