Soft, yet sandy in your mouth, this Egyptian Ramadan treat is a real feast for your taste buds.
Romoosh el sett means the lady’s eyelashes, I know I’ve been posting recipes with weird names lately :), but rest assured you will not eat any lady’s eyelashes for real.
These eyelashes should be dunked in syrup but instead I’ve just drizzled each with some syrup. These – sort of cookies- are supposed to be shaped like an eye with eyelashes – I’ve shown you how in the video down there- but for simplicity I’ve made shaped them into balls, pressing them down then put the eyelashes on top.
Here is a video to show you how to prepare this delightful dessert.
- 1.5 c flour.
- 1/2 c unsalted butter- room temperature.
- 1/2 c powdered sugar.
- 1/4 c finely grated coconut flakes.
- 1/4 c farina or coarse semolina.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 tsp Baking powder.
- a dash of salt.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Crack the egg ,add the vanilla then mix very well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients together.
- Then add to the butter mixture and mix Until you have a nice soft dough.
- Roll into a ball, press the ball a little to flatten.Then make some lines using a fork.
- Bake in a 350F for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom is lightly brown.
- Usually it is dunked in the room temperature syrup but I've drizzled everyone with some syrup.