Baked Apple Roses
Beautifully gourmet style baked apple roses in puff pastry. An easy dessert that is so hard to resist.
- 2 medium apples cored and thinly sliced.
- 1/3 cup water.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 Package (two sheetof thawed puff pastry.
- 1 Tablespoon melted unsalted butter.
- For garnishing:
- I’ve used cream cheese frosting you can use any frosting you like or simply dust with some confectioner’s sugar.
Preheat oven to 375F.
In a Microwave safe dish, place water, lemon juice and mix well, then add apple slices and microwave on high for two minutes until soften.
In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
Lightly roll the puff and cut into 4 equal parts.*
Brush each part with some melted butter, sprinkle about a teaspoon of the brown sugar mixture on.
Layer the apple slices along the long edge of the dough, make sure that they are overlapping.
Fold bottom part of the puff over the apples and roll.
If you have extra remaining sugar mixture sprinkle some in the middle of each rose.**
Bake until browned, mine took 40 minutes and were perfectly done.
Put the frosting in a plastic bag and cut a small hole in the tip.
Pipe frosting over the roses or just dust with some powdered sugar.
* I’ve found that cutting the pastry into 4 equal parts gave me somehow big roses so probably it is better to cut it into 5 or so.
** I’ve sprinkled the remaining sugar all over the roses , it was so delicious as the sugar melted on the sides and caramelized but I had a BIG problem which was taking the roses out of the muffin tin as it got stuck when the sugar melted.So better just sprinkle it on the middle or as I've suggested above use cupcake liners.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors