A delicious authentic roasted bell pepper side dish from Morocco
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow and orange
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
- 3 garlic cloves crushed.
- 3 medium tomatoes diced almost 1.5 cup.
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro chopped.
- salt to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon paprika.
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
Wash the bell peppers and roast - either in the oven, stove top or in your grill. I roasted mine for 40 minutes in 400F oven until blackened and blistered. Let it cool down, then peel and dice.
In a non stick skillet, add the oil then the garlic and saute for a minute.
Add diced tomatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Add the roasted peppers and all the spices.
Finally add the cilantro, mix well then reduce heat and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Serve immediately or chill in the fridge then serve.