Chicken in lime and dill sauce.
Tasty chicken thighs in a creamy lime and dill sauce easy for your weeknights' dinner.
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 garlic cloves crushed.
- 1/3 cup chicken broth.
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice.
- 1 Tablespoon flour or corn starch dissolved in 1/4 cup of water.
- 2 Tablespoon dill weed chopped. Or you can use fresh cilantro or any herb of your choice.
Use half a lime to rub the chicken on both sides first - this is an optional step I always make to take any smell away from the chicken before cooking.
Heat a non stick pan oven over medium high heat. Add the oil and butter, wait until butter melts and then add chicken thighs. Cook on both sides until nicely browned.
Remove thighs to a plate.
Reduce heat, add chicken broth, garlic and lime juice bring the mixture to boil.
Add the dissolved flour and stir until well combined.
Add the thighs back, coat the chicken well with the sauce, simmer for 15 minutes until it is done.
A couple of minutes before it is completely done - that is almost after 10 minutes- stir in the dill.
Serve hot with green salad, peas and brown rice.