Healthy Mackerel recipe with tamarind to boost your immunity. Recipe adapted from the book Nourish -the cancer care cookbook.
- 1 mackerel head removed.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic- about 3 large ones.
- 1 Tablespoon tamarind paste.
- 1 Tablespoon dill.
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger.
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne peppers .
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt - or to taste.
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander- chopped.
In a bowl combine all ingredients without the fish and mix very well.
With a sharp knife, slash the mackerel on each side.
Coat the fish thoroughly on both sides adding the marinade mixture in the slashes with your fingers.
Bake in a 350F oven for 20-25 minutes or until done.
Serve with brown rice.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors