Jalapeno, basil and cilantro soup
- 1 cup fresh cilantro- chopped.
- 1/2 cup basil.
- 4 roma tomatoes.
- 1 small yellow onion- quartered.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 1-2 Jalapeno peppers- diced.
- 2 cups of water + 2 Tbs of bouillon or 2 cups of broth.
- Salt to taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric.
- 1 Tbs tomato paste.
- Optional : 1/4 cup heavy cream.
In a medium pot, all the ingredients except for the turmeric, tomato paste and the cream .
Bring to a boil and let it cook for 20 minutes or until all veggies are done.
Using a blender or a hand mixer, mix the cooked veggies, return the pot to medium heat.
Add the paste and turmeric, adjust the salt then add the cream and whisk quickly until everything is incorporated.
Pour hot in bowls and enjoy with bread.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors