1 Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 2 cloves garlic , minced.
- 1 medium yellow onion , chopped.
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil.
- salt and pepper.
- 1 lb . chicken thighs/breast , cut into think strips.
- 1 (28 ounce) cans enchilada sauce.
- 1/2 cup sour cream.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika.
- 1 can (15.5 oz) beans, any type you like.
- 12 oz . uncooked pasta
- 3 Cup cheddar cheese , grated
- green onions
- black olives , sliced
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. saute oil and garlic for 7-10 minutes.
Add chicken strips, salt and pepper, cook until no longer pink.
In the mean time cook pasta according to package directions.
In a sauce pan heat the enchilada sauce, chicken broth, stir in the sour cream and add cumin and paprika.
Pour the sauce over the chicken, stir in the beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
Take 2/3 of the mixture out of the pan.
Layer half of the pasta over.
Pour 1/3 of the remaining sauce over the pasta.
Add 1 1/2 cup of the cheese.
Layer the rest of the pasta over.
Top with the remaining sauce on top.
Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
Cover the pan and put in a 350F oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melted.
Turn on the broiler for about 2-3 minutes until the cheese gets nice and golden.
To serve:Top with chopped cilantro, green onions, diced tomato or olives.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors