Slow Cooker Corned Beef
Servings: 4 people
Fork tender beef, flavorful and loaded with veggies. Slow cooked to perfection.
- 1 large onion peeled and cut into chunks.
- 5 garlic cloves cut in halves.
- 4 lb corned beef brisket with spice pack.
- 5 cups of water or to cover.
- 4 whole cloves.
- 4 whole cardamom pods.
- 3-4 bay leaves.
- 1/2 lb carrots peeled and cut into chunks or baby carrots.
- 1 lb potatoes baby potatoes halved.
In the slow cooker, add garlic, onion into the bottom then put corned beef on top.
Add cloves, cardamoms and the content of the spice pack on top of the beef.
Pour in water to cover the beef by almost 1 inch.
Cover and cook on slow for 4-5 hours.
Add potatoes and carrots, cover and cook for another 2 hours or until tender.
Slice the beef thinly against the grains and serve with the veggies.
Calories: 608.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.2g | Protein: 42.2g | Fat: 43.2g | Saturated Fat: 14.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20.9g | Cholesterol: 222.1mg | Fiber: 1.9g
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors