Servings: 1 half pint jar
An easy homemade Szechuan sauce. Hot and spicy.
- 5 large garlic cloves.
- 1.5 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and minced.
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar.
- 2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- 2 Tablespoons asian chili-garlic sauce, or any gluten free hot sauce.
- 3 Tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce.
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium.
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch.
- Optional: Red pepper or sesame seeds for garnishing.
- 2 ablespoons brown sugar or any sweetner you like. optional
In a sauce pan over medium heat, add the first 6 ingredients and bring to a light boil.
Mix broth and cornstarch well.
Stir the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan until it thickens, took mine about a couple of minutes.
Calories: 136.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7.4g | Fat: 0.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Potassium: 617.9mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 7.9g
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors