No Wine! Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 people
Easy shrimp scampi without wine, add pasta and you'll have dinner in less than 30 minutes. A classic shrimp scampi linguine recipe that everyone will love.
- 1 lb linguine pasta.
- 1/4 cup butter.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup lemon juice.
- 3/4 cup water/chicken broth/ shrimp stock. See notes *
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped.
- Lemon zest optional.**
- Red chili flakes optional.
- 2 lb large shrimps peeled and divined.
Cook pasta according to package directions reserve half a cup of the cooking water, see notes for that.***
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter with olive oil then add shrimps until most of the shrimp turns pink. About 2 minutes.
Add garlic and sauté with shrimp for another minute until all the shrimp turn pink.
Reduce heat add salt, pepper, lemon juice, shrimp stock, parsley and the reserved half cup of pasta cooking water( if you chose to).
Stir everything well and cook for two minutes.
Add cooked pasta to the pot, mix then turn off the heat.
Serve garnished with more parsley and red pepper flakes if desired.
* To make shrimp stock, in a microwave safe bowl, I added the shrimp shells + 3/4 cup water and microwaved for about 2 minutes. Strain and use that water for more added flavor.
** For a more added lemon flavor you can use zest of half or even full lemon according to your preference. I did not add lemon zest as my kids do not like it.
***if you care for more sauce, add half a cup of the cooked pasta water to the pan. The starch in the water will thicken the sauce a bit allowing it to adhere to the pasta more.
Calories: 558.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 57.2g | Protein: 40.2g | Fat: 20.3g | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 126mg
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors