Apple crisp bars
Servings: 24 serving
Meet our new favorite apple dessert, apple crisp bars! These bars are tasty and unbelievably easy, perfect for last minute company.
For the base
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
For the filling:
- 4 large apples peeled and sliced.
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour.
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats.
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar.
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- A dash of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces.
Make the base:
In your food processor add base ingredients and pulse until small lumps form.
Spread mixture into a 13x9 pan and press tightly with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
Bake the base for 15 minutes.
Take out of oven and raise temperature to 350F.
Make the topping:
In a deep bowl, combine topping ingredients and mix with a fork until it resembles small crumbs.
Spread half the topping mixture over the base then add the apples and level.
Sprinkle the rest of the topping on top of the apple layer to cover.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Let it cool down, cut and serve.
Apple crisp bars
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 360IU7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.8g | Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 25.9mg | Sodium: 70.2mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 15.4g | Vitamin A: 360IU
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors