Servings: 8 servings
A delicious roasted red pepper and walnut dip from the Middle East.
- 3 red bell peppers about 1 pound.
- 1 cup toasted whole walnut.
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate molasses.
- 3 garlic cloves minced.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice.
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper more if you like more heat.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra for drizzling.
Pre heat oven to 400F.
Place peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pop in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Turn peppers to the other side and bake for another 15-20 minutes. (Note1)
In the food processor, blend together walnut and pepper until smooth.
Add bread crumbs and all the ingredients except for the olive oil. Mix everything well.
While your food processor still on add the olive oil and process until everything is well mixed.
Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with more olive oil, garnish with chopped walnuts and serve as a dip.
1) Peppers should be lightly charred and collapsed to indicate that they are done.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.9g12%
Polyunsaturated Fat 7.9g
Monounsaturated Fat 6.4g
Vitamin A 1870IU37%
Vitamin C 148.5mg180%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 221.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.3g | Protein: 4.1g | Fat: 17.4g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6.4g | Sodium: 212.3mg | Potassium: 210.8mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 5.6g | Vitamin A: 1870IU | Vitamin C: 148.5mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.4mg
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors