A one skillet flavorful weeknight dinner that is ready in less than 30 minutes and so easy to make.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 teaspoon chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to your liking.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil divided.
- 1 Large (340g) onion sliced.
- 2 Large (150g) yellow, orange, red or green bell pepper, sliced.
- 1 pound large shrimp.
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice.
In a jar or a small bowl, mix all the seasoning ingredients well together, set aside.
In a large pan or cast iron skillet heat 1 Tablespoon of oil, then sauté onions and bell peppers until slightly charred, remove from pan and set aside.
In the same skillet add the remaining Tablespoon of oil, add shrimps then sprinkle the seasoning mix over.
Sprinkle the cornstarch and mix everything well together.
Pour the water and lemon, stir everything well and cook for about 5-7 minutes until the sauce is thickened and the shrimps are opaque.
Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with tortillas or white rice.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5.5g34%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g
Vitamin A 20.3IU0%
Vitamin C 129.7mg157%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 237.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 24.7g | Fat: 9.5g | Saturated Fat: 5.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 172.3mg | Potassium: 466.2mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Sugar: 3.8g | Vitamin A: 20.3IU | Vitamin C: 129.7mg | Calcium: 8.6mg | Iron: 19mg