Chicken lettuce wraps
Quick, easy and healthier than PF Chang’s. These Chicken lettuce wraps makes a great lunch/dinner or party appetizer.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- 1 (180g) onion, chopped.
- 2 large garlic cloves.
- 1 pound ground chicken.
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger grated.
- 1 Tablespoon natural almond butter.
- 3 Tablespoons Tamari. Note1
- 4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of your choice. Note2
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha or any hot sauce optional.
- Pinch Chinese five spices.
- 1 can (8oz) canned water chestnuts, drained and chopped.
- 2 stalks green onions chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground.
- 1 head butter lettuce.
In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and sesame oil then sauté onions until translucent.
Add garlic and keep cooking for 30 seconds.
Add the ground chicken breaking it apart. Cook for almost 5 minutes until the chicken is almost done.
Add the next 7 ingredients stirring well to combine.
Add the chestnuts and green onion and continue to cook for another 1 minute.
Stir in salt and black pepper and adjust seasoning to your liking.
Spoon in lettuce leaves and serve garnished with more green onion.
Note1: you can use soy sauce or Tamari sauce for gluten free.
Note2: I have used no sugar maple syrup but you are welcome to use any sweetener you like.
Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
Calories: 288.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.4g | Protein: 24.6g | Fat: 16.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 886.2mg | Potassium: 221.3mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 2.9g | Vitamin C: 14.2mg | Calcium: 5.1mg | Iron: 13.7mg