Chicken lettuce wraps
Quick, easy and healthier than PF Chang’s. These Chicken lettuce wraps makes a great lunch/dinner or party appetizer.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- 1 (180g) onion, chopped.
- 2 large garlic cloves.
- 1 pound ground chicken.
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger grated.
- 1 Tablespoon natural almond butter.
- 3 Tablespoons Tamari.
- 4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of your choice.
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha or any hot sauce optional.
- Pinch Chinese five spices.
- 1 can (8oz) canned water chestnuts , drained and chopped.
- 2 stalks green onions chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground.
- 1 head butter lettuce.
In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and sesame oil then sauté onions until translucent.
Add garlic and keep cooking for 30 seconds.
Add the ground chicken breaking it apart. Cook for almost 5 minutes until the chicken is almost done.
Add the next 7 ingredients stirring well to combine.
Add the chestnuts and green onion and continue to cook for another 1 minute.
Stir in salt and black pepper and adjust seasoning to your liking.
Spoon in lettuce leaves and serve garnished with more green onion.
Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
- I used a mixture of light tasting olive oil and sesame oil because it would be very intense for my family to use all sesame oil. If you are fine with that then use all sesame oil.
- If you do not have Tamari sauce you can use soy sauce but the sodium will be higher.
- You can use any low carb sweetener you like, I have use no sugar maple syrup.
- If you want to lower the carbs even more leave the water chestnuts.
Calories: 288.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.4g | Protein: 24.6g | Fat: 16.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 886.2mg | Potassium: 221.3mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 2.9g | Vitamin C: 14.2mg | Calcium: 5.1mg | Iron: 13.7mg