Edamame Quinoa Salad
A simple edamame salad recipe for your dinner/lunch. This quinoa veggies bowl is loaded with fresh herbs and bright lemony dressing and finished off in a Mediterranean style.
For the dressing:
- 1 garlic clove minced.
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice. Juice of one lemon.
- 2 teaspoon honey.
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard.
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest zest of 1 lemon.
- 2 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1-2 teaspoon dry mint. Note1
For cooking quinoa:
- 1 cup (90g) uncooked quinoa, any color.
- 2 cups water.
For the edamame:
- 1 (12oz/340g) frozen edamame, shelled.
- 1/4 cup water.
The vegetable mix:
- 1 red bell pepper chopped.
- 1 small 115g red onion, finely chopped.
- 1 cup (149g) cherry tomato, halved.
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves chopped.
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped.
Optional for garnish: use any or all
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts.
- 1/2 cup Crumbled feta. Note2
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives. Note2
Make the quinoa:
Put quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under running cold water. Drain well.
In a saucepan over medium heat add quinoa and water then bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce heat, let it simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
Let it rest for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.
Set aside and cool completely.
Assemble the salad:
In a deep bowl add quinoa, edamame, bell pepper, tomatoes, cilantro and parsley.
Pour the dressing over and toss well.
Garnish with toasted pine nuts, crumbled feta and/or olives.
Note1: I've enjoyed this salad more with a heaping Tablespoon of dried mint but I know some of you might find it overwhelming so it is to taste.
Note2: Please note that the addition of feta cheese and/or olives will add saltiness to the salad so adjust accordingly.
Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
Vitamins are in percentage value. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Keywords: Edamame recipe, Edamame salad, quinoa salad, edamame and quinoa salad
Calories: 159.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.6g | Protein: 5.5g | Fat: 7.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.7g | Sodium: 70.5mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 3.3g | Sugar: 3.5g | Vitamin A: 15.8IU | Vitamin C: 62.8mg | Calcium: 0.7mg | Iron: 5.8mg