A delicious herbal tea with soothing spicy effect and health benefits. This cardamom tea can be enjoyed hot, water, cold or iced and sweetened to your liking.
Servings: 12 oz
- 2 cups water
- 6-8 green cardamom pods
- 4-6 cloves.
- 1 1- inch fresh ginger root peeled and sliced.
- 2 black tea bags , you can use tea leaves as well.
- Honey/sugar or brown sugar to sweeten.
- Serve with milk or lemon slices.
In a small saucepan or a tea pot add water, cardamom, cloves and ginger slices. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Add tea, turn heat off, stir then cover to steep according to your liking.
Strain into cups sweeten with honey if desired or add a splash of milk.
Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
- Better use filtered water when making tea so there will be no other taste in your tea.
- You can add a cinnamon stick or some black peppercorn but I really liked it more without so not to overwhelm the cardamom taste.
- It is better to press on cardamom pods to break the shell a bit for more cardamom flavor.
- You can use loose tea, in fact I like it even better than tea bags but many of you are more used to tea bags.
- Feel free to sweeten the tea anyhow you like. Sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey or no sweetener at all.
- Brewing time depends greatly on the type of tea you are using and more importantly your taste. Brewing for too long might lead to bitter tea and brewing it for too short might lead to a lack of flavor. I recommend you brew the tea for 1 minute then taste, repeat this process until it satisfies you. This step is particularly important if you are using a new brand of tea that you are not used to.
- This recipe makes exactly 12oz .
- Nutritional values are calculated assuming the use of 1 teaspoon raw honey.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg