Liver sandwiches are one of the best recipes to use liver. A quick and east weeknight dinner that is ready in less than 20 minutes.
Servings: 5 people
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne peppers or to your liking
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers sliced
- 2 pounds beef liver cut into thick strips
- 2 Tablespoon vinegar
- Juice of one lime
In a mini processor, add garlic, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper process until mixed well.
In a non stick skillet heat oil over medium high heat then add diced jalapeño and stir for 15 seconds.
Add garlic mixture and saute for 30 more seconds.
Add chopped liver and mix everything well. Cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and mix in vinegar.
Cook for 3-5 more minutes.
Turn heat off then add a squeeze of lime and mix everything well.
Prepare the sandwiches by slathering some tahini sauce along with shredded lettuce red bell peppers ( or hot) and scoop some liver in the sandwiches.
- You can add a teaspoon of coriander and/or black pepper.
- I am a hardcore liver lover so I use any type of liver in this recipe including beef liver which has a strong flavor. You can start with lamb, calf, mutton or venison liver if you would like a mild one.
- Some people like using ghee or butter for this recipe, but I like using oil.
- Storage: Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze leftovers for up 4 months.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 499mg | Sodium: 1058mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 30667IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 9mg