Frozen Onion Rings in the Air Fryer
Air fry your frozen onion rings for the best crispiness and a great crunch. An easy side dish, appetizer or a snack for your whole family to enjoy.
- 1/2 bag frozen onion rings about 7 oz
- 2 teaspoon oil , Choose high smoke point oil.
Preheat your air fryer to 350F, if you air fryer does not have a preheat button then just heat it up to 350F for 4-5 minutes.
In a bowl add frozen onion rings and toss them with oil.
Arrange the onion rings in the basket of your air fryer.
Air fry for 4-6 minutes, turning them with tongs halfway through.
If you are using a basket style air fryer shake the basket instead.
Serve immediately with your favorite sauce or ketchup.
- I like to use oil instead of oil spray in this recipe because oil spray can ruin some air fryers.
- Use high smoke point oil like avocado or normal olive oil not the extra virgin.
- Do not overlap or cram onion rings in your air fryer basket.
- You can skip the oil but it makes the rings more crispy.
- I've tried both Nathan's and Alexia onion rings. Both work great in this recipe, but I like the Alexia brand more as they came out crunchier.
- Your air fryer may smoke especially when cooking fatty food or if you are cooking multiple batches. If this starts to happen just add a couple of tablespoons of water or a piece of bread in the dripping pan or at the bottom of your air fryer. Please refer to your manual for safety and proper use.
- Serve with:
- Store any leftovers in a container in your fridge.
- To reheat
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F.
- Air fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg