Baked Brie in puff pastry
Baked brie is one of the most enjoyable appetizer during the holiday season. Brie stuffed with raspberry preserve, pecans for a crunch factor then wrapped in a puff pastry. So delicious.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 wheel of Brie cheese. 8-12 oz
- 1 sheet of puff pastry 1/2 a package.
- 6-8 oz raspberry preserve more or less depending on your liking.
- 1 cup chopped pecan.
- 1 egg.
Place the Brie in the freezer while you take out the puff pastry to thaw, takes about 30 minutes.*
Preheat oven to 400 degree.
Roll the puff pastry, Place the cheese on top in the center of the sheet.
Slice the Brie in half. Spread the raspberry preserve then top with chopped pecans.
Place the other half on top then fold the pastry around to completely cover the cheese brushing between folds.
Spray an oven safe pan/baking sheet with oil, then place the wrapped brie in.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the buff is golden brown.
Let it cool down for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- To make it easier to cut the brie it is better to freeze it for 20 to 30 minutes to firm up a bit.
- In my opinion the more preserve the better so do not hold back if this is your thing too.
- To keep the brie from leaking you need to brush each fold you make with the pastry dough with egg, egg acts as glue for your pastry dough.
- Spraying your pan or baking dish with oil -and even lining it up with a foil then spraying it with oil- before putting the brie down helps reduce residue on the pan.
- I highly advise you to let it cool for almost 10 minutes before serving it. This gives the melted cheese just a little time to firm up — it will still be gooey and scoop-able, but no longer molten lava burning mouths.
- Make ahead tip: Prepare this dish then refrigerate for up to one day. Bake right before serving.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 136IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg