Ma’amoneyah, semolina pudding
Ma’amoneyah, semolina Pudding Recipe or semolina porridge is a delicious breakfast or dessert garnished with nuts, cinnamon or dried fruits.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 3 Tablespoons butter , unsalted.
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups water
- Ground pistachios , almonds, cinnamon for garnishing.
In a pot over low heat, melt butter, add semolina and keep stirring to roast semolina until it is lightly golden. Will approximately take from 10-13 minutes.
Meanwhile in another pot over medium heat, pour water and sugar, stir to combine and bring to a boil. Let it simmer until the semolina is done.
Carefully add the sugar syrup to the semolina, stir constantly until mixture thicken to a pudding consistency. Turn off heat .
Pour into a single platter or into small single serving plates. Garnish with nuts and cinnamon.
- This dish is usually served hot as a breakfast accompanied by some cheese. I’ve served mine with a dollop of sour cream to cut back on its sweetness a notch.
- The original recipe uses 2 cups of sugar which I've found too sweet for our liking, so I cut back on it to only 1 cup.
- You can use vegan butter or oil for a vegan version.
- Some people use half water and half milk for more richness.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg