Quick and easy beef stroganoff is the perfect weeknight meal. Tender steak in a creamy luscious mushroom gravy served with egg noodles. A homemade classic beef Stroganoff recipe that will show up often on your dinner table.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter divided.
- 1.5 - 2 pounds Beef sirloin steak thinly sliced.
- 4 garlic cloves.
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms.
- 1/4 cup flour.
- 1.5 cups beef broth.
- 1.5 cups milk.
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 (12 oz) Packet of wide egg noodles.
- Salt and pepper. to taste
Cook noodles according to package directions.
In a pot over medium-high heat melt two tablespoons of butter then add the steak in single layer. Season with salt and pepper and sear quickly for about 30 to 45 seconds on each side. Work in batches if needed.
Transfer the meat to a plate and set aside.
Reduce heat and add the remaining butter, sauté garlic until fragrant for about 15 seconds then add mushrooms.
Cook mushrooms and garlic for about 4 more minutes until tender.
Sprinkle flour over the mushroom and cook for 1 minute, scrapping the bottom of the pan as you stir.
Pour in the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and milk stirring everything well. Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes more on medium-low heat. Check the seasonings.
Add in the cooked beef and mix everything well for another minute.
Serve over cooked noodles.
- Flatten the steak before slicing to ensure even cooking.
- Make sure to thinly cut your steak and sear them on high briefly on each side, around 30 to 45 seconds each. This will lock the moisture in ensuring a tender beef.
- Do not cram your skillet when you have crowded skillet the meat will steam rather than sear.
- Sprinkling the flour over mushroom is easier and quicker than trying to mix the flour in the broth or milk then adding them to the pan.
- Storing: leftovers keep for up to 4 days in the fridge and can be frozen as well.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 354mg | Potassium: 909mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 367IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 4mg