Keto Cloud Bread
Light and fluffy Oopsie Rolls or Cloud Bread makes a great sandwich bread replacement. Ultra low carb, keto, grain free and gluten free.
Servings: 10 rolls
- 3 Large eggs room temperature.
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened.
- 2 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- A pinch of garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat oven to 300F.
Separate egg whites and yolks.
Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and oregano to the yolks and mix well.
Beat egg white and cream of tartar until you get a stiff peak.
Using a spatula, gradually and carefully fold the yolk mixture into the egg white mixture.
Spoon mixture into a baking sheet lined with an oiled silpat, make 10 mounds for small buns or 6 for larger buns.*
Bake for 30 minutes, then let them cool completely.
- Start with room temperature eggs and cheese.
- Make sure that your mixer's bowl and whisks are very clean and do not have any fat residues.
- Using cream of tartar is highly recommended as it helps to stabilize the shape.
- In my opinion the hardest part in this recipe, especially if you are new to the kitchen is reaching the stiff peak stage when beating the egg whites. Here is a video that will clear any confusion you have with the nice trick of just adding one more egg white if things went wrong and you've over beaten your egg whites.
- Add all the spices to the egg yolk mixture and not to the egg whites we do not want to deflate the egg whites.
- These rolls have some eggy taste which many do not mind but if this irritates you here is what you can do. Wait for it to cool down then let it set overnight on your counter in an open bag. This pretty much helps reduce the eggy flavor in them rather than eating them straight after baking.
- Shake things up and use bold spices, think cumin, Chipotle chili, turmeric, smoked paprika…etc. In this recipe I shaped mine into rolls. You can also bake the it in a loaf pan or muffin tins.
- To make a dessert: add cinnamon, vanilla or nutmeg. Sprinkle the top with crushed nuts or sesame seeds.Use vanilla yogurt instead of cream cheese and top it with fresh fruits.
- If you are watching your fate intake, To reduce fat in the recipe go for Neufchâtel instead of full fat cream cheese, it has 1/3 less fat. You can also use Greek yogurt and may be go for a low fat one.
- For a diary free rolls there are varieties of dairy-free cream cheese in stores these days, but if you cannot find them here are some great alternatives. You can use thick cream from a can of coconut milk, I've seen some recipes using mayonnaise as well.
Calories: 52kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 193IU | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg