Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe
Slow cooker apple butter is made simple with less processed sugar. This is one of the slow cooker apple recipes that are healthier for you.
Servings: 4 cups
- 3 pounds apples.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup honey.
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Peel, core and roughly chop your apples and put in your slow cooker.
Add brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and cloves and toss well with the apples.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Add vanilla extract and cook uncovered for another 2 hours.
Let it cool down and puree with an immersion blender or in your food processor.
Pour into air tight containers and refrigerate.
Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
- If you have a food mill, you can skip peeling the apples and when they are done use your food mills to process and the skin comes right off.
- Use your preferred apple type or types. Personally I like sweet varieties such as gala, golden delicious, honey crisp and pink lady.
- Use apple butter in place of apple sauce in baked goods like this healthier carrot cake.
- You can use this base recipe for many types of fruits like pears, apricot, plums and peaches.
- This can stay up to 3 weeks in refrigerator and two months in freezer.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 66g | Vitamin A: 184IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg