Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
Perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, one of the best easy cookie recipes to try on holidays. Thick cookies with crisp outer edges and .chewy middle.
Servings: 12 large cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip chunks
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Pass the flour, salt and baking powder through a sieve and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer add the butter and brown and white sugar and mix until creamy and fluffy.
Add in the eggs one by one until mixed.
Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix just until combined.
Add the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time until combined.
Add the chocolate chunks and give a quick mix through (just a few rotations to make sure they're incorporated).
On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper use a large 2" cookie scoop and place onto the cookie sheet - make sure to leave 2" between each cookie.
Bake for about 12-14 minutes, just until the edges have browned.
Remove from the oven and allow to sit on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Feel free to leave the almond extract out if you don't like it or are allergic, but it does give the cookies a little something extra.
- I like using the big chunks in my chunky chocolate chip cookies, it makes them so decadent. But if you cannot find them, regular chocolate chips are fine to use too.
- Using baking powder instead of baking soda makes the cookies bigger and fluffier.
- You could chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before going into the oven.
- Once the cookies are cooled completely, store in an airtight container at room temperature. They'll be good for 2 weeks.
- You can freeze these cookies in a freezer safe container for up to 6 months.
- Add chopped walnuts or toasted pecans.
- Switch out the chunky chocolate chips for a different chip variety such as dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg