An authentic Middle Eastern sauce/dip/appetizer/dressing.
- 1/2 cup tahini paste.
- 1/4 cup water - plus or minus depending on your preferred sauce thickness.
- 2 Tablespoon white vinegar.
- 2 teaspoon lime juice.
- 2 garlic cloves- minced.
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - or to your taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin.
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely chopped onion.
- For garnishing: olive oil and any or all of coriander/cumin/red pepper flakes….
In your processor add all the ingredients except for the garlic and the onion if using.
Mix well until everything is well combined.
Pour contents in a bowl, add garlic, onion and mix.
If serving in bowls, add a teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle some coriander/cumin or red pepper flakes on top.
Serving suggestions: as a dip with pita bread/chips or use it instead of mayo in many sandwiches specially falafel and foul, serve alongside seafood dishes or with grilled meat/chicken.