Tahini Chicken Slow Cooker
Drumsticks swimming in a poodle of tahini sauce.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 1 cup diced onion.
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced.
- 3/4 cup diced tomato.
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper.
- 1 diced Jalapeno optional.
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric.
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice.
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar.
- 1/3 cup raw tahini paste recipe here https://amiraspantry.com/tahini-authentic-middle-eastern/.
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock / water.
- 8-10 drumsticks.
- 1 cup mushrooms diced or whole.
Combine all the ingredients , except for the chicken and the mushrooms, in the crockpot and mix very well.
Add the drumsticks trying to turn them all to be covered with the sauce.
Add the mushrooms, cover and set on hight for 4 hours.
After the 4 hours, the sauce will be watery and delicious.
If you want a crispier chicken with a more thick sauce, transfer the chicken and sauce to a pan and pop in 1 350F oven for 15 minutes.
Enjoy with mashed potato and couscous.