A perfect easy Asian dinner/lunch that everyone will enjoy.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 5 serving
- 12 ounces Chinese wheat noodles *.
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 1 onion thinly sliced.
- 1 cup grated carrots.
- 2 cups sliced cabbage leaves.
- 4 green onions.
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms.
- Yakisoba Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar.
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce.
- 4 teaspoons oyster sauce.
- 4 teaspoons ketchup.
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
In a medium bowl, whisk all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
Cook noodles in water according to package directions or until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a large wok or skillet over medium high heat, add oil and cook onions until tender, about 2 minutes.
Add carrots and cook for another 2-3 minutes until carrots are tender.
Add mushrooms, cabbages and green onions and cook altogether for another 3 minutes.
Add the noodles to the pan , lower the heat to medium.
Add yakisoba sauce, mix everything together and cook for another minute or so until everything is well combined.**
Serve hot with more sauce on the side.
* You may also use udon noodles. I’ve seen people even use linguini pasta instead. ** Add Yakisoba sauce depending on your favorite taste and the amount of ingredients you are using. Personally I’ve added almost all the sauce I’ve made as I like mine saucy.
*** You can use broccoli, snap peas, edamame, chestnuts or any veggies you like in the amount you like. You can also use any sort of meat along like cubes chicken, beef, pork, turkey….etc.
Sources: Adapted from Nami
Calories: 355.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.7g | Protein: 7.6g | Fat: 9.8g | Vitamin A: 3460IU