Servings: 12 Sandwich Cookie
Easy cinnamon cookie recipe, no chilling, no creaming is required.
- 1 1/4 cup AP flour.
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar.
- a dash of salt.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoon unsalted butter melted.
- Water or milk if needed, mine did not need any more liquids.
- Jam for gluing. about a teaspoon for each sandwich.
In a deep bowl, mix flour,salt, cinnamon,sugar and baking powder.
Mix in the egg and the melted butter.
If your dough did not come together and you felt it is dry, add milk or water by teaspoons until you reach a nice consistent dough.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line two large cookie sheets with parchment.
Roll the dough into a floured surface ,3-4mm thickness shape.*
Cut with a heart cookie cutter to an even number then cut out the center of half of them with a smaller cutter.
Bake for 10-13 minutes depending on the thickness and size of your cookie.
Let it cook down on a rack.
Sift confectioners' sugar over the cookies you are using as the top.
Spread jam over the bottom cookies.
Sandwich cookies together.
Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
- If your kitchen is too hot you might want to consider wrapping up the dough in plastic and stick it in the fridge for 15 minutes to ease rolling.
- Nutrition values are calculated on the assumption that each sandwich will contain about 1 teaspoon strawberry jam and without the dusting of powdered sugar.
Calories: 110.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.8g | Protein: 1.8g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23.3mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 24.4mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 8.9g
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors