Italian sausage patties with cauliflower for your next dinner, juicy flavorful and melts in your mouth.
Need a meatless cauliflower recipe? try this Buffalo Cauliflower wings.
Do you wonder what are the things to make with cauliflower?
Try this sausage and cauliflower recipe. Chicken sausage meat paired with roasted cauliflower and parsley, a healthy burger with a veggie twist. Make ahead, freeze for a super easy dinner.
Nothing is better for your family than a home cooked meal, but you do not have to slave yourself in the kitchen. A home cooked meal does not have to be totally from scratch, if you have time it is awesome but other times we don’t. In this recipe I’ve used a store bought sausage meat, you are welcome to make your own sausage meat with your own flavors of course.
Between three boys, school and soccer season in full swing, I can hardly find time to cook dinner and sometimes we go for take outs or processed meats which I know not good for any of us.
My kids love chicken sausages and I can get it without the casing, saving me a lot of trouble of asking and searching if the casing is pork or not so it is a win-win situation for me to find something that is really easy to make and for them to have what they like. Sometimes I buy the hot package for its spiciness but I make sure I buy the mild one for my 5 – soon to be 6 – years old kid.
I’ve been catching myself cheating A LOT lately on what I feed my kids and this recipe is no exception, I’ve cheated in this one too and thought of adding some veggies to this burger to satisfy my ” mom wants to give her kids something healthy” inner voices. I thought of adding broccoli but was afraid the green color will pop and make the whole burger green, I have a kid who is obsessed with broccoli and another one who wouldn’t even touch it for a million dollar- just kidding, give me the million and I will make him touch it 😉 .
So I thought of cauliflower as a nice alternative and if there are some whites here and there I can tell maybe it is the onions – liar liar pants on fire 😃 hehehe.
So What Spices are in the Italian Sausage?
There are a lot of spices in the Italian sausages like black pepper, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, paprika, red pepper flakes, fennel seed, brown sugar, oregano, and thyme. But what really makes it stand out and fragrant ,IMHO, is the fennel and sometimes anise seeds.
How do you make Italian Sausage Patties?
You can definitely use the meat itself without any addition but I liked th idea of adding more veggies in there so let’s see how I did it.
- I roasted the cauliflower first just to make sure it is not too crunchy and would not draw the kids’ attention.
- Sprinkle cauliflower with some ground cumin and spread them onto a baking sheet lightly oiled.
- Roast in a 400F oven for 35 minutes.
- Dice the roasted cauliflower finely and set aside.
- In a deep bowl combine diced cauliflower, parsley, Italian sausage and green pepper if using.
- Mix everything well together then divide into 4 equal parts.
- Lightly oil your hands and form into rounded patties.
- Cook on a non-stick pan or cast iron pan about 3 minutes per side
I’ve added parsley and next time I’m gonna probably add some cilantro for more flavor, they do not mind them. And that’s it with only 4 ingredients and a pan, my patties were ready.
I’ve made another batch for the freezer and they freeze very well. It is always a nice thing to have dinner in the freezer, just pull it out and in less than 20 minutes it is ready.
Add their favorite sauce along with cheese, pickles, tomato slices, onion slices, lettuce … etc, just build it the way you do with your burger, you’ll find it delicious.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira’s Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.d.
chicken Sausage cauliflower burger
- 1 lb Italian sausage . hot, mild, or sweet
- 1/2 head of cauliflower.
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped.
- optional: 1 finely sliced jalapeño pepper for extra spiciness.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower, then cut it into small florets.
- Sprinkle cumin on the florets. Spread the florets over a baking sheet covered in foil and lightly oiled.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until they’re tender and browned.
- Finely chop the cauliflower into very tiny small pieces.
- In a deep bowl , add the cauliflower pieces with all the other ingredients.
- Mix all together very well.
- With an oiled hands form into 4 patties.
- Place a nonstick skillet, or a cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat. Cook patties in hot skillet until burgers are browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with your favorite burger additions.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
You might also like