Spicy lamb chops are a quick and fancy dinner to make at home. A simple and easy meal for a romantic date night or parties.
Table of contents
Why This Recipe Works
This is a very simple recipe with few spices that are already there in your cabinet. The main flavor base here is cumin, paprika, garlic and a pinch of cayenne.
Paprika really gives these chops a bold and distinctive flavor especially if you use smoked paprika. Finishing it off with a slather of BBQ sauce makes a nice sticky crust which gives a hint of sweetness to this delicate cut.
- in a glass container mix in all the marinade.
- Add lamb chops and rub the spice mix over to coat. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Heat an outdoor grill, a cast iron or a grill pan and grill the lamb chops 3-4 minutes per side for medium.
- Brush each side with a some BBQ sauce and grill for another minute. Rest for 10 minutes before serving.
It is better to eat lamb chops at medium as when it is heated up until well done it gets tough. They vary in thickness but your meat thermometer should read 125F for medium-rare to 135 for medium.
Lamb chops are sweet and earthy and this goes very well with strong and earthy spices and herbs. For example rosemary, cumin, tarragon,oregano and cinnamon add a nice touch.
- With this recipe for Air Fryer Lamb Chops, you can say goodbye to the grill and prepare for succulent, juicy results! In less than ten minutes, this easy and speedy method creates a delicious crispy sear while locking in flavor.
Spicy lamb chops
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon paprika.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste.
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 1 pound lamb chops about 5 pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Add the lamb, and rub each on both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Grill on an outside grill or stove top for 3-4 minutes each side for medium doneness.
- Brush each side with BBQ sauce and continue to grill for another minute per side.
- Cover and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting.