Easy shrimp scampi without wine, add pasta and you'll have dinner in less than 30 minutes. A classic shrimp scampi linguine recipe that everyone will love. Interested in kid friendly recipes without wine? try this delicious no wine chicken Francese recipe. It is a winner!
Garlicky Buttery Shrimp Scamp is the best and most welcomed shrimp recipe around my dinner table. This is a kid- friendly version , a no wine shrimp scampi recipe that you can safely give to your kids or eat if you follow a no alcohol diet.
Substituting alcohol is some recipes is not hard at all. Take for example this rich tiramisu recipe without alcohol, turned out great and did not affect its deliciousness.
This Shrimp with pasta kind of light, easy, quick, one pan, 30 minutes, kid friendly, and a no brainer recipe. No wonder I love it, it is my kind of recipes.
So, What is in a scampi sauce?
Scampi by itself is a tiny, lobster-like crustacean that has been swapped with shrimps here in the United States. The sauce is a simple garlic, white wine and butter sauce. Very flavorful and goes very well with pasta or can be mopped with bread or rice.
What can I use as a substitute for white wine in shrimp scampi?
Well, you can use chicken broth or water as a substitute for white wine. Here though, I have used SHRIMP STOCK. So what is shrimp stock is exactly?
Simple, DO NOT Throw away your shrimp shells. Simmer shrimp shells in water or microwave for a couple of minutes, strain and discard the shells. The shrimp shells are wonderful flavor enhancers and should not be discarded.
How to make Shrimp Scampi Linguine?
Now, let's head over to the step by step part of the recipe and check for yourself how easy it is.
- First off, I need to tell you a quick trick. The trick is to cook the shrimps just long enough that they turn pink and not until they get the texture of tires 😬. So we need to work quick and that adds to the beauty of this dish.
- We'll start by heating a generous amount of butter and olive oil in a pan then add shrimp and cook until MOST not all of them turn pink.
- Add another heavy dose of garlic and stir for about a minute.
- Reduce heat and add parsley, lemon juice, zest ( if you chose to), salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp stock/water or chicken broth and mix well.
- Stir in cooked pasta, turn heat off and mix pasta well with the rest of ingredients.
Another tip is, if you care for more sauce, add half a cup of the cooked pasta water to the pan. The starch in the water will thicken the sauce a bit allowing it to adhere to the pasta more. I've tried it both ways and honestly did not feel much of a difference but some people say it does🤷. For us it was great anyways.
This recipe was fantastic! I just fed my in-laws, my husband, and my three year old boy. They all loved it! There were no leftovers! I actually caught my husband licking the bottom of the pan to get the rest of that buttery sauce. It was such an easy recipe to follow, too. Thanks for the recipe and for 6 happy tummies! 🙂Kalley
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
No Wine! Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 lb linguine pasta.
- 1/4 cup butter.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup lemon juice.
- 3/4 cup water/chicken broth/ shrimp stock. See notes *
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped.
- Lemon zest optional.**
- Red chili flakes optional.
- 2 lb large shrimps peeled and divined.
- Cook pasta according to package directions reserve half a cup of the cooking water, see notes for that.***
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter with olive oil then add shrimps until most of the shrimp turns pink. About 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté with shrimp for another minute until all the shrimp turn pink.
- Reduce heat add salt, pepper, lemon juice, shrimp stock, parsley and the reserved half cup of pasta cooking water( if you chose to).
- Stir everything well and cook for two minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to the pot, mix then turn off the heat.
- Serve garnished with more parsley and red pepper flakes if desired.