Textured and lemony vegan appetizer or side dish, this is what we call something from nothing kind of recipe.
Have you ever wondered what to do with zucchini insides? you can make zucchini fritters, zucchini pancakes, zucchini muffins or how about this simple veggie side dish idea?
Yes, I'm fully serious, a zucchini pulp dish.
I like making mahshi and my new obsession making it with yogurt sauce and usually end up with a lot of zucchini pulp. As any good girl, I follow my mom's footsteps :). I saw my mom putting the pulps in the bottom of the cooking pan to prevent scorching and so I did.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
Using the pulps to create another dish is much better and creative than just throwing them in the bottom of a pan so this time I followed another route. Sometimes, no a lot of times, the crazy-busy-stress-go-go-go life makes you sort of dreading making meals and dragging your feet to your kitchen at 6:00pm to fix something for the family. When you make any stuffed zucchini recipe, do not through the pulp and wait for a busy day like this. Fix this veggie side and eat with some bread, you might also add some chicken/meat to the side for a complete dinner.
Now here is how to make it:
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
Saute onion in oil until fragrant.
Add the zucchini pulps, stir and break apart with a spoon.
Add diced bell pepper.
Then add garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir, stir stir until it is all done.
Serve warm with bread or as a side dish... so tasty.
📣 Related Recipes
- This Ground Beef Zucchini Casserole is loaded with fresh herbs, saucy, and delicious. It's a great low carb weeknight dinner idea.
- Zucchini Boats with Ground Beef is a delicious, hearty, and healthy dinner that can be served over rice or with bread. It's a wonderful low-carb dish the whole family will love!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
- 1 large onion , chopped.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 lb zucchini pulp , got it out of 3lb zucchini.
- 1 teaspoon garlic , minced.
- ½ cup red bell pepper , diced.
- ½ cup tomato , diced.
- Salt and pepper to tate.
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice.
- Parsley , chopped.
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add zucchini pulp , keep stirring until it is cooked and tender , will take probably anywhere between 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper then tomato and stir for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the lemon juice.
- Stir everything well together for a minute then turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, more lemon wedges.
- Serve warm or cold.