Have you ever wondered what to do with zucchini insides? you can make zucchini fritters, zucchini pancakes, zucchini muffins or how about this simple veggie side dish idea?
Yes, I’m fully serious, a zucchini pulp dish.
Textured and lemony vegan appetizer or side dish, this is what we call something from nothing kind of recipe. I like making mahshi and my new obsession making it with yogurt sauce and usually end up with a lot of zucchini pulp. As any good girl, I follow my mom’s footsteps :). I saw my mom putting the pulps in the bottom of the cooking pan to prevent scorching and so I did.
Using the pulps to create another dish is much better and creative than just throwing them in the bottom of a pan so this time I followed another route. Sometimes, no a lot of times, the crazy-busy-stress-go-go-go life makes you sort of dreading making meals and dragging your feet to your kitchen at 6:00pm to fix something for the family. When you make any stuffed zucchini recipe, do not through the pulp and wait for a busy day like this. Fix this veggie side and eat with some bread, you might also add some chicken/meat to the side for a complete dinner.
Now here is how to make it:
Saute onion in oil until fragrant.
Add the zucchini pulps, stir and break apart with a spoon.
Add diced bell pepper.
Then add garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir, stir stir until it is all done.
Serve warm with bread or as a side dish… so tasty.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira’s Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Zucchini Pulp appetizer
- 1 large onion , chopped.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 lb zucchini pulp , got it out of 3lb zucchini.
- 1 teaspoon garlic , minced.
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper , diced.
- 1/2 cup tomato , diced.
- Salt and pepper to tate.
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice.
- Parsley , chopped.
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add zucchini pulp , keep stirring until it is cooked and tender , will take probably anywhere between 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper then tomato and stir for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the lemon juice.
- Stir everything well together for a minute then turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, more lemon wedges.
- Serve warm or cold.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
You might also like