Decadent and delicious cinnamon-scented cake with a crunchy nutty top perfect for breakfast, desserts or tea parties.
An easy tea cake that comes ready in less than an hour with an amazing smell and taste.The top is covered with a crumbling mixture of sugar, nuts and cinnamon which is glued nicely over the cake using the heat of the broiler. But be sure to watch out while yours in under the broiler or it might start to burn like mine 🙂 but it was delicious anyways and was happily eaten to the last crumb.
I’ve had a very interesting experience with my creative 11 years old kid, in his class they were reading The Secret Garden, and afterwards all the 5th grade teachers and student planned a beautiful tea party for the parents, it took them almost a month preparing for this nice big event. To tell you the truth I have never been invited to a tea party before so I had no clue what to do and I did not even google it.
When I arrived at his school, everyone was dressed up properly, dresses, suits, ties and so on they all looked so beautiful. They’ve had lots of tables with mostly white tablecloths, tea pots, cups ☕ ☕, serving plates, silverware …etc, it was really a very well organized party. They’ve served cake , scones, tea sandwiches and chocolate as well.
It was very informative as they’ve talked to us about the types of tea parties, like cream, low, high , afternoon, fireside, royal and so on. They also introduced us to many of the etiquette involved in the process like how it is so rude to arrive early or late, you should not tuck the napkin under your chin, how to handle your cup, how to add sugar and stir , where to put the spoons and many many rules. OMG I did not know that drinking a cup of tea will involve so much rules.
This cake will be very good in any tea or coffee party, although I have never heard or coffee parties yet. Very easy to make and taste very delicious and airy. It takes about 30 – 40 minutes in the oven then top it with the sugar, cinnamon mix then return under the broiler for no more than 2 minutes and watch out or it might burn.
I hope you’ll like making this easy cinnamon tea cake and tell me about your tea adventures… Until next recipe have fun drinking tea.
Cinnamon Tea Cake
- 2 Eggs.
- A dash of vanilla powder you can use extract.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- 3 oz cream cheese softened and room temperature.
- 1 cup AP flour.
- 1 Tablespoon Baking powder.
For the top
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- 1/4 cup nuts crushed.*
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In your mixer add eggs and vanilla, mix well, then add sugar and mix.
- Add oil and milk to the above mixture, mixing again.
- Then add the cream cheese and mix well until there are no lumps. Pour in a mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour and BP together, whisk them into the above mixture until the flour is incorporated.
- Pour in a prepared loaf pan, and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the brown sugar , crushed nuts and cinnamon, mix well.
- Take the cake out of the oven sprinkle the mixture on top then return to the oven and turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes until the top sticks to the cake.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
Need more easy cakes? check out the cakesection.
Meanwhile here are some recommendations