4th of July Fireworks Pudding Cookies are one of the easiest patriotic desserts to make. Perfectly soft and chewy on the inside, with crisp edges on the outside. Quick and easy recipe, perfect for last minute party dessert.
Try this red white and blue ice cream knafeh for a stylish celebration.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
This is one of the easiest cookie recipes you'll ever come across, very forgiving and sort of dump and mix cookie. Although we cream sugar and butter, it is not that hard at all.
Ooh that red white and blue cookie is terrific and dangerously easy to make.These are not too sweet, almost as sweet as these barazek cookies.
These cookies is the fact that they are freezer friendly. So whip up a big batch, bake some and freeze round balls for later to be baked when you are craving cookies.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until creamy and fluffy, almost 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix again then add pudding and beat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients, then add to the butter mixture and beat well.
- Stir in the sprinkles and the M&M chocolate.
- Using the small ice cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- At this stage you can freeze the balls for 45 minutes then store in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Bake the cookies for 13-14 minutes or until edges start to brown
👍 Amira's Tips
- These cookies are brown sugar pudding cookies, brown sugar is the only sugar I've used in this recipe. Brown sugar intensifies the flavors of cookies plus it helps in making them pillowy soft and chewy... = a winner cookie.
- You can use any sort of pudding for these cookies as a variation, using butterscotch pudding for an intense butterscotch flavor, think chocolate for a more chocolat-y one. Here I've used vanilla flavor with the brown sugar so you'd most likely get the taste of a chocolate chip cookie.
- You also can use any M&M chocolate color, think white pink and red would be very suitable for Mother's Day. Because we are headed to memorial day and after that we'll have the 4th of July, these red white and blue M&Ms are very suitable for the summer parties.
Place cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for two to three weeks. Refrigerate or freeze for longer storage time. It is a good idea though to separate cookies with a piece of parchment paper.
If you enjoy soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, you'll definitely have to give this recipe a try. The vanilla pudding works its magic to make these extra pillowy yet chewy. One of the many things I like about
- If you're looking for another delightful and easy-to-make treat, check out this easy coconut macaroons recipe.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Fireworks pudding cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 Package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- ¾ cup M&M red, white and blue or any color of your choice
- In a deep bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract then beat well.
- Add the pudding and beat.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the sprinkles and the M&M.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Scoop about 2 Tablespoons if the cookie into rounded Balla and place 2” apart.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet and transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container preferably in fridge or freezer.
- For tips and variations check the post above.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
First published May 22, 2018 . Last updated May 18, 2023 with important tips, clear step by step instructions and readability.