Are you ready for a sweet treat that's bursting with flavor and texture? Then these Chocolate Chip Blondies are for you. A delicious blend of buttery dough, and rich chocolate chips, with a hint of warm caramel flavor. These sweet bars pack a ton of flavor in each bite, so you won't regret making these indulgent treats.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- Soft, chewy, and full of comforting goodness these delicious rich treats are sure to win your heart.
- They are easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients that you most likely already have on hand in your kitchen.
- They are also perfect for an after school snack or an after-dinner dessert.
Who doesn't love the chocolate chip flavor? For this recipe, we take that delicious flavor and make it in a rich and chewy bar form that will have your family asking you to make this sweet treat again and again.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to a mixing large bowl and mix.
- Mix together the brown sugar, butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and mix until blended. Mix in eggs. And, then, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in 2-3 batches, and stir until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few for the top.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake uncovered for 25-27 or until the top is beginning to brown .
💡 Amira's Tips
- I've found that it's easier to cut the blondies if you line your baking dish with parchment paper, and then use the parchment paper to remove the blondies from the pan before cutting.
- Be careful to not overmix your batter. When you are adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients you will need to mix until just combined.
- I prefer to use unsalted butter in baking. However, you can use salted butter, just leave the salt out of the recipe.
- If you only have a 9x9 pan, you can use that instead. However, you will need to reduce the cooking time. Start checking for doneness at 20 minutes.
Store blondies in an airtight container at ️room temperature for up to 5 days.
⌛ Make Ahead
You can make these delicious chocolate chip bars up to 24 hours in advance. Just make sure to keep them covered until you are ready to serve them.
🍽️ Serve With
These delicious blondies pair so well with just about any meal and a glass of milk. However, I like to serve them with a simple meal like this Easy Lasagna Casserole.
- If you want to change the flavor of these sweet bars, you can use dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or even peanut butter chips depending on your tastebuds.
- Add a little crunch to your blondies by mixing ½ cup of your favorite chopped nuts. I think that pecans and walnuts work great in this recipe.
- You could also switch out the chocolate chips for your favorite candy, like chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, or M&M's.
Yes, you can freeze blondies for up to 3 months. Place the cooled blondies in an airtight container and then wrap them with aluminum foil before freezing. When you want to enjoy them, thaw them overnight before serving them.
The difference between a blondie and a brownie is that the blondies are made with lots of butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract, and lacks cocoa powder. The resulting bar is chewy, and fudgy, and has the flavor of caramel or butterscotch. Brownies contain more chocolate than butter, giving them a more chocolate flavor.
Blondies should be slightly gooey, but still firm. If your blondies are too gooey, you may need to bake them slightly longer.
📣 Related Recipes
- If you love the classic chocolate chip flavor then you are going to want to make these Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are the best cookies that you will ever make.
- The next time you are craving a little chocolaty goodness, then you will enjoy this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
- I don't know about you but cookie dough is one of my favorite things to eat. And, this No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles recipe is so simple, and it's a great way to satisfy that cookie dough craving.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 8x8 baking dish
- Large mixing bowl
Chocolate Chip Cookie Blondies
- 1 ½ cups all purpose-flour spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- Add flour, baking power, and salt to a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add brown sugar, butter, and vanilla to a mixing bowl and mix until blended. Mix in eggs.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in 2-3 batches, and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, reserving a few for the top.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake uncovered for 25-27 or until top is beginning to brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting. Cut into 12 equal servings and serve.
- You may substitute chips for any kind (i.e. peanut butter, dark chocolate, white chocolate, semi-sweet.
- Check out the post above for more tips.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.