This Easy Hot Fudge recipe is rich, smooth, and fudgy. No need to buy the bottled stuff when you can make this creamy sauce at home in just a few minutes, and it tastes so much better!
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- You only need a few simple ingredients, and most of these ingredients are pantry friendly so you might not even need to take a trip to the grocery store.
- It comes together in a few minutes for a simple dessert at home.
- This homemade chocolate sauce is rich, thick and super delicious.
With this rich fudge sauce making ice cream sundaes at home will quickly become a new family favorite! This sauce is so good that you will be looking for excuses to make sundaes everyday.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a saucepan over medium heat pour condensed milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter.
- Heat up the mixture stirring constantly until everything melts.Wait for it to come to a light boil then remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
👍 Amira's Tips
- This sauce will be thin while it's still hot, however it will thicken as it cools down.
- Make sure that you stir the sauce constantly while it's cooking, as chocolate can stick to the pan and scorch quickly.
- A light boil means small bubbles will break the surface of the liquid. This is not a full rolling boil.
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one month. I like to store it mason jar, I find it works best to keep it fresh.
⌛ Make Ahead
This hot fudge is great made ahead, you can just reheat this sauce as you need it for desserts.
🍽️ Serve With
I love to serve this delicious recipe on top of some homemade ice cream. And, the best thing about this homemade ice cream recipe is that you can customize to just about any flavor that you desire.
- Instead of using semi-sweet chocolate, you could use dark chocolate or even white chocolate to change up your fudge recipe.
- A teaspoon of cinnamon would add a spicy flavor to this sauce.
The best way to reheat this sauce is in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time. Make sure to stir well in between
Yes, this hot fudge can be frozen, just make sure that it's completely cool before adding to a freezer safe container and freezing for up to 3 months.
📣 Related Recipes
- If you enjoy rich chocolate then next time you may want to give this Italian Hot Chocolate recipe a try. It has a thick pudding like texture that will have your family begging for more.
- If you are fan of this chocolate desserts, then add this Chocolate Lava Cake recipe to your meal plan soon. It's the best homemade molten cake that I've ever made.
- This Fantasy Fudge only requires six ingredients yet it burns out sweet, and fudgy every time that you make it.
- Hula pie is a macadamia nut ice cream pie with chocolate oreo crust that has originated in Hawaii. Here is a simple recipe for this delicious treat to make at home.
- This Strawberry Jello Mold with Cream Cheese is a delightful dessert with a burst of fruity sweetness. Vibrant and jiggly irresistible treat for your next party.
More Sauce Recipes
- Cherry sauce is a sweet, thick and syrupy condiment that can be used as a topping for ice cream, cheesecake, pancakes, or as a glaze for any recipe you like.
- An ultra simple Strawberry Coulis Recipe is a great addition to your desserts. Silky smooth fruit based sauce that is both fresh and luxurious.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Easy Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can condensed milk 14oz
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a sauce pan over medium heat pour condensed milk, chocolate chip and butter.
- Heat up the mixture stirring constantly until everything melts.
- Wait for it to come to a light boil then remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and leave the mixture to cool down for 5-10 minutes.
- The sauce will be thin in the beginning but it thickens as it cools down Storage: Store sauce in a mason jar and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
- Microwave in 20 seconds increments stirring in between before using again.
- For more tips and tricks check the post above.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.