Crunchy, succulent, juicy and oh so buttery, you’ll never imagine that this recipe only have 2 Tbs of butter. This is it, finally, my bestest oven fried chicken breast recipe.
Are you entertaining this Sunday 🏈? or may be going to a party and you need to take a good dish with you? Here is the recipe for you, easy to make, crunchy and feels so good in your mouth. After doing many research and trying – what seemed to be like- hundreds of oven baked fried chicken recipes, this is it, the best ever oven baked friend chicken breast.
A couple of weeks ago I saw this post from Jen : The best baked fried chicken through a post from Liz about Health recipes, and oh boy I fell in love with the recipe and the photos of crunchy chicken tenders. So I decided to give it a go.
Chicken came out tender and juicy but, were not as crunchy as I wanted them to be, besides they had some little white spots – from the flour- that hubby did not like- although I did not mind them at all. But their taste was so heavenly with these 3 tablespoons of butter she mentioned.
Then I stumbled upon this recipe from Ree, I experimented with it a couple of times, the texture was super but I did not like the taste, Jen’s recipe was waaaay better, and I did not like the fact that Ree’s ones are fried. Then I had this idea – light bulb- of combining both recipes, and tweaking the flavors a bit to suit our family and here it came, out of the oven, golden,crunchy and perfect, the thing I’ve been looking for for years.
So thanks Jen and Ree 👏 for inspiring me to make this delicious, golden tenders and making my dream of having a real fried chicken but without the excess oil come true.
I’ll leave you now with my newest discovery in the food world, I hope you’ll give it a try and I do hope you’ll like it as much as we did .
Oven baked fried chicken
- 10 chicken tenderloins
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk- make your own by using 1 tablespoon of white vinegar per 1 cup of regular milk.
- 2 1/2 cups flour.
- 1/3 cups cornmeal.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2 tablespoons oil.
- 1 tablespoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon pepper.
- 1 teaspoon paprika.
- 2 teaspoons cardamom powder.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder.
- Mix Spices together, take just 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture and add it to 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Rinse the chicken, and soak overnight -in your fridge - in the buttermilk.
- When you are ready to cook, pre-heat your oven to 400F.
- Microwave butter and oil until butter is melted, spread half the butter mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix, flour, cornmeal and the remaining of the spices very well in a bowl.
- Using a fork, gradually mix the remaining buttermilk into the flour until there are little lumps throughout. You might need more flour or more buttermilk to get decent amount of lumps.
- Coat chicken tenders with the flour mixture pressing with your fingers to adhere the lumps nicely and evenly to your chicken pieces.
- Arrange chicken on the buttered baking sheet, with a spoon, or a brush, brush the remaining butter and oil mixture on the top side of the chicken.
- Bake until it reaches the desired color and crispness, turning once halfway, mine took 30 minutes total.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
Need more chicken recipes? check our chicken recipes here
or may we suggest: