Simple and easy eggplant salad with vibrant fresh ingredients and bold Mediterranean flavors. A cold eggplant salad recipe with yogurt and tahini dressing that is delightful to have any time of the day .
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- A delicious way to enjoy your fresh garden vegetables
- Filling and satisfying meatless dinner or lunch
- Makes a great side dish for your pot lucks.
Mediterranean eggplant salad has everything you crave out of a good eggplant salad. It's fresh, vibrant, boldly flavored yet very easy to make with simple ingredients. The dressing lets the earthy flavor of eggplant shine.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
- Olive oil.
- The dressing: yogurt, tahini, garlic, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a large skillet heat oil and saute diced eggplants until lightly browned.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, add fresh parsley, tomatoes and the eggplants. Add some of the dressing, leaving the rest to serve on the side. Toss everything together and serve.
👍 Amira's Tips
- Try to make the eggplant cubes as equal as possible for even cooking.
- You can toss eggplants with olive oil, place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven or air fry them.
- If you like deep frying the eggplants then go for it. My late dad was obsessed bu deep frying the eggplants and he would not eat them lightly browned at all.
- We liked it cold, but it can be served warm or room temperature as well.
- Add some diced cucumber or bell peppers to the salad.
- Try mixing in some red onion.
- Top your salad with some tangy feta cheese.
- Feel free to use other fresh herbs too.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
📣 Related Recipes
- This moussaka recipe is the ultimate comfort food for a cozy night in. Meaty, saucy with creamy and custardy bechamel layer. Nothing can beat that!
- Here is my best advice on how to store eggplant so that it's fresh and ready for your meals.
- Roasted Eggplant Slices are delicious and healthy way to enjoy eggplants with way less oil than the fried ones. With simple ingredients and easy preparation you can serve these as an appetizer, side dish or use them for any meal you like.
- Black bean and chickpea salad is a delicious and nutritious dish that is perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish to a main meal.
Mediterranean Side Dishes
- Make your dinner table more interesting with this elegant Mediterranean Rice Pilaf. This rice is bursting with flavors with a touch of sweetness that sure to impress.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
Mediterranean Eggplant Salad
- 1 lb eggplant diced.
- ¼ cup oil , preferably olive oil
- 1 cup tomato diced.
- ⅓ cup parsley chopped.
For the dressing:
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed.
- 2 Tablespoons yogurt , plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons tahini paste
- 2-3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin.
- salt to taste
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add eggplant and oil, cook for 10-15 minutes until eggplant are nicely browned.
- Meanwhile combine the ingredients of the dressing and mix well.
- In a deep bowl, combine cooked eggplants, tomato and parsley, missing well.
- Add ½ - ¾ of the dressing and toss well to combine.
- Serve with the rest of the dressing on the side with some pita chips.
- For tips and more information please read the post above.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
First published August 12, 2017 . Last updated June 22, 2023 with important tips, clear step by step instructions and readability.