Easy lasagna soup is all the things you love about lasagna but with less prep. Ground beef with Italian seasonings, tomatoes, noodles, and topped with mozzarella, Parmesan, and ricotta cheese all in one bowl for you to enjoy any night of the week.
❤️ Why its a must-try
- Hearty soup that is perfect for warming up on a cool day.
- Easy, delicious recipe to make in your slow cooker.
- All the taste of lasagna in a soup bowl.
- One of the best filling soup recipes full of traditional lasagna flavors.
- Super versatile recipe - add in your favorite veggies, seasonings, or cheese.
You are going to love this slow cooker lasagna soup with its combination of tender noodles, savory meat, Italian seasonings and of course topped with cheese. This easy lasagna soup is a favorite for the whole family.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
📋 Ingredient Notes
- Olive oil
- Onion and garlic for basic flaors
- Ground beef: Lean ground beef such as 90/10 is what I used in this recipe.
- Diced tomatoes: A can of diced tomatoes or 2 cups of fresh tomatoes can be used.
- Bell pepper: Use any color bell pepper or if you choose it can be omitted.
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Oregano: Dried oregano adds lots of flavor.
- Italian seasoning: A must in any Italian recipe.
- Beef Broth: You can use regular, low sodium or even chicken stock if you wish.
- Lasagna noodles: These are broken up and added to the soup at the end.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a large skillet over medium high, heat oil then sauté onion for 2-3 minutes, add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add ground beef, breaking it apart, and cook until no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- In a 6-quart crockpot, add ground beef mixture, bell pepper, petit tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, Italian seasoning and beef broth. Mix all well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Break the lasagna noodles into bite size pieces on top, mix them in, cover and continue to cook for 30 minutes. Serve into bowls, top with a dollop of ricotta cheese, some mozzarella and parmesan cheese if desired.
- This crockpot lasagna soup recipe gets thicker as it sits, add more broth if desired.
- You can use beef broth or chicken broth. I've tried it with both and it works just fine.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Cheese grater
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
No, in fact, uncooked lasagna noodles will cook in the delicious broth and tomato sauce thirty minutes before you're ready to serve.
This easy lasagna soup recipe is made with ground meat, seasonings, tomato sauce, lasagna noodles and cheese. It tastes just like your favorite lasagna but in a soup.
Refrigerate - Store leftover soup in an airtight container. Refrigerate up to four days.
Freeze - Pour completely cooled soup in a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat - Thaw in the fridge overnight if frozen and reheat on the stove top or in the microwave with a little bit more stock.
⌛ Make Ahead
The wonderful thing about slow cooker meals is that it can be made ahead of time and cooked slowly for 6 hours.
🍽️ Serve With
- Lasagna soup is hearty and filling but you may also enjoy this meal with fresh garlic bread or a side salad to make it a complete meal.
- A great, colorful salad is a must as well. Make a big batch of this Greek Salad to serve on the side.
- Use sausage in place of ground beef.
- Top with red pepper flakes, diced jalapeños or freshly ground pepper for even more flavor.
- Stir in a dollop of cream cheese in place of the ricotta before serving.
- Add fresh veggies like spinach, mushrooms or chopped zucchini.
- You can use low sodium chicken broth or beef stock if you choose.
📣 Related Recipes
- Meatloaf without breadcrumbs is another family favorite recipe that everyone will love. Easy to make with a mouthwatering glaze.
- Weekends are made for slow cooker meals, this slow cooker beef stew is chock full of tender meat, veggies in a rich broth.
- Warm up with Egyptian Red Lentil Soup. Creamy, easy 30 minute recipe loaded with bold flavor.
More Lasagna Recipes
- Try this Lasagna Recipe Without Ricotta Cheese for a special dinner. This is a delicious and saucy twist to the popular classic version from the Middle East.
- Comforting and simplified Lazy Lasagna Casserole for those nights when you are craving the classic Italian dish with minimal effort.
- Pesto Lasagna with chicken and white sauce is a hearty comfort casserole loaded with Mediterranean flavors.
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating! Thank you.
Easy Lasagna Soup (Crockpot Recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes, or 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper any color diced
- 1 can 15oz tomato sauce
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups beef broth
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese or sour cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh basil thinly sliced for garnish
- In a large skillet on medium high, heat oil then saute onion for 2-3 minutes, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add ground beef, breaking it apart and cook until no longer pink. Drain excess fat
- In a 6- quart crockpot add ground beef mixture, bell pepper, petit tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, Italian seasoning and beef broth. Mix all well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Break the lasagna noodles into bite size on top, mix them in, cover and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve into bowls, top each with a dollop of ricotta cheese, some mozzarella and parmesan cheese if desired.
- Garnish top with fresh basil.
- Soup gets thicker as it sits, add more broth if desired.
- You can use beef broth or chicken broth I’ve tried it with both and it works just fine.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.