Greek salad is a delicious light lunch or side dish that is perfect, especially if you are on a low carb or keto diet. Fresh vegetables are chopped, mixed and tossed in a vinaigrette that is delicious on any salad.
Next, try this Egyptian salad with an exotic dressing and new serving style.
There's nothing like the fresh taste of crisp, fresh veggies and when topped with a touch of dried oregano it brings out all the full Mediterranean flavor of a Greek salad.
Bright green cucumbers are surrounded by thin onion slices, juicy tomatoes and sweet bell pepper for crunch. Add Kalamata olives, tangy feta cheese and top with the easiest homemade vinaigrette. This Greek salad is ideal for potlucks, parties, picnics or an easy side dish for dinners.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- Perfect picnic or potluck dish.
- Great use of veggies from your garden.
- Suitable for keto diets or a healthy side dish.
- Pairs well with grilled meats.
This quick keto Greek salad have simple ingredients mixed together to create a healthy easy-to-prepare Mediterranean Greek salad recipe that is chopped up and made in less than 15 minutes.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
📋 Ingredient Notes
- Cucumbers: English cucumbers have thinner skin and the seeds are smaller, but use whichever cucumbers you prefer.
- Onions: Red onions add a light sweetness to your salad flavor.
- Tomatoes: Use your favorite plump juicy tomatoes.
- Green bell peppers: Add crunch, flavor and vitamin C to your salad.
- Olives: Pitted Kalamata olives are delicious in this salad.
- Feta cheese: Block of feta cheese works best, but if all you have is crumbled feta cheese, that works too.
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Oregano: a teaspoon dried oregano adds tremendous flavor.
- Salt: Brings out the flavor of the salad, feel free to omit if you wish.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a small bowl or glass jar, add dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Wash, cut and prepare all the veggies you are using.
- In a large bowl add salad ingredients, drizzle with dressing and toss gently to mix. Taste to adjust seasoning. Sprinkle some dry oregano on top and serve.
💡 Expert Tips
- This recipe works best with brined feta cheese blocks and not the crumbled one.
Store leftover Greek salad in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
⌛ Make Ahead
Greek salad ingredients can be chopped up ahead of time. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. It is recommended to make and serve the same day for best taste and freshness.
🍽️ Serve With
Greek salad can be served by itself or with grilled meats if you are on a keto diet.
- Serve Greek salad on a bed of salad greens.
- For those not on a keto diet, add orzo to your Greek salad.
- A squeeze of lemon adds a wonderful flavor to this salad recipe.
- Chop up a few mint leaves for a delicate fresh taste.
Yes! It is a good choice if you are eating a keto or low carb diet. It does have carbs, so you'll want to check the package for the specific count, but it is about 2 carbs per serving in this recipe.
A traditional Greek salad contain green peppers, Kalamata olives, red onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese.
📣 Related Recipes
- A 20-minute edamame quinoa salad with fresh vegetables and tangy dressing. This salad works great as a side dish or lunches for the whole week.
- Tabouli or Tabbouleh is traditional salad recipe you do not want to miss. Parsley, mint, bulgur wheat, finely chopped vegetables all in a zesty dressing, so good.
- These delicious Mediterranean roasted vegetables are perfect as an appetizer or side dish. They're also great on top of pasta or rice.
- Revani is a classic Mediterranean semolina cake drenched in lemon infused simple syrup and topped with coconut flakes. Great to end up any Greek meal.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
Keto Greek Salad
- 1 English cucumber cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 4-5 juicy plump tomatoes cut into wedges or cubes
- 1 green bell pepper sliced or cut into cubes
- ⅔ cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 8 oz feta cheese block cut into 1cm cubes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt to taste
Make the dressing:
- In a small bowl or a glass jar, add dressing ingredients and mix well.
Make the salad:
- In a large bowl add salad ingredients, drizzle with dressing and toss gently to mix.
- Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle some dry oregano on top and serve.
- This keto greek salad works best with brined feta cheese blocks and not the crumbled one.
- Store leftover greek salad in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.