Edamame healthy salad is packed with plant-based protein and delicious crisp veggies. Bright colored quinoa bowl of superfoods, fresh herbs topped with feta cheese, pine nuts, and dressed in a delightful lemony, salty dressing.
Next time try this Mediterranean chickpea salad.
This tasty salad can be a meal by itself or served as a side dish with grilled chicken or perhaps some tawook skewers. Warm or cold it is very good both ways. Make it tonight for a week-long easy homemade lunch.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- From start to finish, the full recipe is ready in few minutes!
- Very versatile and easy to adapt to your liking.
- One of those classic recipes that never gets old.
- Perfect make-ahead lunch for those warm summer days.
This salad is filling and healthy. Comes together in minutes drizzled in a tasty lemony dressing with a hint of sweetness. Feel free to use a pinch of sugar instead of honey for a vegan salad.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
- In a small bowl or jar add dressing ingredients put the lid on, shake well to combine. Set aside until you are done cooking other ingredients.
- In a microwave safe large bowl, add shelled edamame, water and microwave for 4-5 minutes. Drain excess water.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add quinoa and water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover until cooked. Cool completely.
- In a deep bowl add cooked quinoa, edamame, bell pepper, tomatoes, cilantro and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over and toss well.
Great to prep ahead of time, this simple quinoa salad recipe should be stored in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 3-5 days.
This salad is very forgiving and I am just giving you the ingredients in grams as a guideline so feel free to play a bit with the ingredients.
- Add canned tuna or chicken.
- Mix in some hard boiled eggs.
- Add in a can of chickpeas or any beans you like.
- Use green onions, dill or chop up some dill pickle for a tangy taste.
📣 Related Recipes
- This fresh beet and carrot salad is loaded with bright flavors and earthy herbs.
- Egyptian salad or salata baladi is one you do not want to miss.
- Easy white bean salad with delicious homemade dressings and lots of fresh crisp vegetables.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
Edamame Quinoa Salad
For the dressing:
- 1 garlic clove minced.
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice. Juice of one lemon.
- 2 teaspoon honey.
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard.
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest zest of 1 lemon.
- 2 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1-2 teaspoon dry mint.
For cooking quinoa:
- 1 cup (90g) uncooked quinoa, any color.
- 2 cups water.
For the edamame:
- 1 (12oz/340g) frozen edamame, shelled.
- 1/4 cup water.
The vegetable mix:
- 1 red bell pepper chopped.
- 1 small 115g red onion, finely chopped.
- 1 cup (149g) cherry tomato, halved.
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves chopped.
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped.
Optional for garnish: use any or all
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts.
- 1/2 cup Crumbled feta. Note2
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives. Note2
Make the dressing:
- In a jar add dressing ingredients put the lid on and shake well to combine. Set aside until you are done cooking the other ingredients.
Make the quinoa:
- Put quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under running cold water. Drain well.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add quinoa and water then bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, let it simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- Set aside and cool completely.
Make the edamame:
- In a microwave safe bowl, add edamame, water and microwave for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain excess water.
Assemble the salad:
- In a deep bowl add quinoa, edamame, bell pepper, tomatoes, cilantro and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over and toss well.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts, crumbled feta and/or olives.
- I've enjoyed this salad more with a heaping Tablespoon of dried mint but I know some of you might find it overwhelming so it is to taste.
- Please note that the addition of feta cheese and/or olives will add saltiness to the salad so adjust accordingly.
- Storage: Great to prep ahead of time, this simple quinoa salad recipe should be stored in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Variations: This salad is very forgiving and I am just giving you the ingredients in grams as a guideline so feel free to play a bit with the ingredients.Add canned tuna or chicken. Mix in some hard boiled eggs. Add in a can of chickpeas or any beans you like. Use green onions, dill or chop up some dill pickle for a tangy taste.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
First published December, 2020 . Last updated July 11, 2022 with important tips, clear step by step instructions and readability.