A very simple recipe for white bean salad that goes pretty much with any dinner you have. Leftovers are great for meatless lunch the next day.
You can never go wrong here, this recipe is very forgiving and adaptive to your liking. Make it for up to 24 hours in advance, or make it just before you dinner time. A great way to use up all the fresh herbs in your fridge.
What goes into the salad?
How to make white bean salad?
- First add the fresh herbs and all the dressing ingredients together mixing them all well so the honey is evenly distributed.
- Add the beans and the diced veggies.
- Mix everything well to coat, cover and let it rest in the fridge to develop flavors.
Notes about the recipe
- You can use any beans you like. I’ve tried it with multiple beans or beans combination like black beans, green, red, or whatever you have.
- Make it from scratch with dry beans or use canned beans. Of course, dry beans need to be cooked before making the salad.
- Fresh herbs are what really give this recipe its unique flavor. I highly recommend using fresh.
- Use any bell pepper you have green, red, or yellow or a combination.
- You can enjoy this salad right after mixing but it is highly recommended to leave it for a couple of hours for the flavors to develop.
- I like serving this salad fattoush style with some fried bread pieces on the side flavored with sumac.
This is a very easy salad, that comes together in less than 10 minutes – excluding the time of chopping. I usually like to serve this with grilled chicken or beef kabobs. This works great for a meatless dinner as well. Also, leftovers make for a very filling and healthy lunch the next day.
This salad recipe is so versatile, try adding a can of tuna or chicken. My sister makes this salad a new one each time she serves it.
It never fails to impress.
I hope you’ll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter! Don’t want to miss a recipe?
Sign up for the FREE Amira’s Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
White beans salad
- 1/2 cup (7g) parsley, chopped.
- 2 Tablespoons (3g) dill chopped.
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced.
- 2 Tablespoon white vinegar.
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice.
- 2 Tablespoon honey.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 bell pepper cubed.
- 1 small (80g) red onion, chopped.
- 2 (15oz) cans northern beans or cannellini , drained and rinsed. Note1
- In a medium bowl, combine first 9 ingredients well.
- Add onions, bell pepper, and bean. Toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours then serve.