A very simple recipe for white bean salad that goes pretty much with any dinner you have. Leftovers are great for meatless lunch next day.
You can never go wrong here, this recipe is very forgiving and adaptive to your liking. Make it up to 24 hours in advance, or make it just before you dinner time. A great way to use up all the fresh herbs in your fridge.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- Perfect side dish for summer cookout, Memorial Day, and Fourth of July celebrations.
- Delicious salad with a unique texture and bright dressing.
- Great for make ahead and leftovers make great lunches.
Fresh crunchy vegetables with the satisfying bite of white beans make this salad goes well with your barbecue meat, besides it is very filling too.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- First add the fresh herbs and all the dressing ingredients together mixing them all well so the honey is evenly distributed.
- Add the beans and the diced veggies.
- Mix everything well to coat, cover and let it rest in the fridge to develop flavors.
👍 Amira's Tips
- You can use any beans you like. I've tried it with multiple beans or beans combination like black beans, green, red, or whatever you have.
- Make it from scratch with dry beans or use canned beans. Of course, dry beans need to be cooked before making the salad.
- Fresh herbs are what really give this recipe its unique flavor. I highly recommend using fresh.
- Use any bell pepper you have green, red, or yellow or a combination.
- You can enjoy this salad right after mixing but it is highly recommended to leave it for a couple of hours for the flavors to develop.
- I like serving this salad fattoush style with some fried bread pieces on the side flavored with sumac.
🍽️ Serve With
- This is a very easy salad, that comes together in less than 10 minutes - excluding the time of chopping. I usually like to serve this with grilled chicken or beef kabobs.
- This works great for a meatless dinner as well. Also, leftovers make for a very filling and healthy lunch the next day.
- This salad recipe is so versatile, try adding a can of tuna or chicken. My sister makes this salad a new one each time she serves it.
- Use red wine vinegar instead of white vinegar.
- Use any fresh veggies like cherry tomatoes, spring onions and cucumber.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
📣 Related Recipes
- Very simple, yet so flavorful beet and carrot salad with a lot of room to make it your own.
- A 20-minute edamame quinoa salad with fresh vegetables and tangy dressing. This salad works great as a side dish or lunches for the whole week.
- Keto Greek Salad is an easy to make impressive dish to serve at a dinner party. Loaded with healthy, fresh vegetables, tangy dressing and scrumptious feta cheese.
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad is easy to make tossed in a delicious homemade dressing, you'll love this recipe!
- This Mediterranean arugula salad is simple, quick and easy famous summer side dish for your bbq party. It is a fresh, nutritious vegan dish that everybody will love.
More Easy Side Dishes
- Fluffy couscous combined with nutty vibrant pesto makes this delicious 5-minutes Pesto Couscous. This is a great quick and easy side dish or main dish to add to your rotation.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
White Bean Salad
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dill Chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced.
- 2 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bell pepper cubed.
- 1 small red onion, diced.
- 2 cans (15oz) northern beans or cannellini , drained and rinsed.
- In a medium bowl, combine first 9 ingredients well.
- Add onions, bell pepper, and bean. Toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours then serve.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
First published May 2016 . Last updated May 16, 2023 with important tips, clear step by step instructions and readability.