Shrimp kabobs with the most flavor packed marinade. Easy to make, quick and very tasty. With a side of white rice, dinner is served.
Grilled shrimp kabobs, with an easy shrimp kabobs marinade, are the latest on our dinner table. These shrimp skewers will make your shrimpaholic very happy.
This is a quick and easy recipe for shrimp scampi pasta that takes just minutes to prepare
Cooking shrimp on the grill was a new thing for me this time. I've always been cooking shrimp on stove top like in this Scampi Pasta or this recipe for shrimp stew.
Shrimp is my favorite, it cooks super quick and it does not need the dreaded word " refrigerate overnight". Add to that ⅔ of my kiddos are obsessed about it, so that's a bonus. The only thing I hate about shrimp is the price. So whenever there is a good price , I make sure I get it.
This weekend is that last for our outdoor pools here in Colorado, this makes my heart ache .. seriously. And with the news, unofficial, flying over everywhere that this winter will be bitter ❄⛄... OMG I do not want to even think about it.
This grilled Shrimp Skewers recipe is the perfect excuse to fire up your grill and pretend that we'll have this clear skies forever🔅. An Easy grilled shrimp skewers recipe, that requires minimal effort, few ingredients and just around 10 minutes to cook. Isn't that a dream?!
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Prepare marinade In a bowl combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, dry mint and tomato paste.
- Add shrimp Add shrimp and mix well to coat. Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare veggies Meanwhile prepare veggies, use any that you like. I've used tomato, bell pepper and onion.
- Assemble skewers and grill or bake Thread veggies and shrimp on skewers and grill on bake in the oven.
Serve with rice, pasta, pita bread, however you like it. If you haven't laid your grill to a rest for this season yet, I highly recommend to cook this recipe on the grill, I've made it in the oven as well but the grill gives it a unique flavor.
I've used a simple marinade that is inspired by what my mom always do to her shrimp. Olive oil, garlic and some common spices and that's pretty much it.
I've flavored my shrimp with cumin, dried oregano and dry mint. It came out well balanced for our taste and did not overwhelm the shrimp i
This shrimp skewers recipe comes to you with oven instructions as well as grilling instructions. I am sure you can cook it stove top as well. For grilling time, this of course depends on the size of your shrimp but I would say an average of 7-8 minutes.
Other shrimp recipes we love
- Baked shrimp scampi is a simple and delicious meal that makes for a perfect weeknight dinner. Tender shrimp are baked with garlic, lemon, and butter, creating a flavorful and satisfying dish that is ready in just 20 minutes.
- Air fryer shrimp tacos ready in less than 15 minutes making it a great healthy weeknight dinner.
- Shrimp scampi is a classic Italian dish that is made with tender, juicy shrimp and a flavorful garlic and butter sauce. Here is my shrimp scampi recipe without wine, your family is going to love this simple dish.
- The bold spices and tangy sour cream sauce on these Baja Shrimp Tacos are going to make your mouth sing. Kick back and relax on a tropical vacation with this 20 minute easy dinner idea.
Amazingly flavored grilled shrimp skewers with a slight hint of tartness from the tomato paste. Delicious, easy and very quick. If you like the recipe please give it a 5 star rating.
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon dried mint
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 pounds extra large shrimp peeled and deveined
Vegetables for the skewers:
- 2 medium onions quartered.
- 2 medium bell peppers cut into chunks.
- 1 pint grape tomato.
- In a deep bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients and mix well.
- Add shrimps and combine until shrimp are well coated.
- Cover and let it marinade for 30 minutes.
- Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Arrange shrimps and veggies alternatively in skewers.
- Heat your grill on medium, grill shrimp for about 7-8 minutes, turning them halfway through until the sheets get pink and the meat is white.
- Preheat oven to 350F and cook shrimp for 13-15 minutes just until the shells turn pink.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
This post has been updated from the August 2018 original. Last updated March 2019.