Shrimp kabobs with the most flavor packed marinade. Easy to make, quick and very tasty. With a side of white rice, dinner is served.
Grilled shrimp kabobs, with an easy shrimp kabobs marinade, are the latest on our dinner table. These shrimp skewers will make your shrimpaholic very happy.
This post has been updated from the August 2018 original. Last updated March 2019.
Cooking shrimp on the grill was a new thing for me this time. I've always been cooking shrimps on stove top like in this Scampi Pasta or this recipe for shrimp in tomato sauce.
Shrimp is my favorite, it cooks super quick and it does not need the dreaded word " refrigerate overnight". Add to that 2/3 of my kiddos are obsessed about it, so that's a bonus. The only thing I hate about shrimps is the price. So whenever there is a good price , I make sure I get it.
This weekend is that last for our outdoor pools here in Colorado, this makes my heart ache .. seriously. And with the news, unofficial, flying over everywhere that this winter will be bitter ❄⛄... OMG I do not want to even think about it.
This grilled Shrimp Skewers recipe is the perfect excuse to fire up your grill and pretend that we'll have this clear skies forever🔅. An Easy grilled shrimp skewers recipe, that requires minimal effort, few ingredients and just around 10 minutes to cook. Isn't that a dream?!
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs FAQs
What do you put on shrimp before grilling?
I've used a simple marinade that is inspired by what my mom always do to her shrimps. Olive oil, garlic and some common spices and that's pretty much it.
What seasoning do you put on grilled shrimp?
I've flavored my shrimps with cumin, dried oregano and dry mint. It came out well balanced for our taste and did not overwhelm the shrimp itself.
How long do you cook shrimp skewers on the grill?
This shrimp skewers recipe comes to you with oven instructions as well as grilling instructions. I am sure you can cook it stove top as well. For grilling time, this of course depends on the size of your shrimps but I would say an average of 7-8 minutes.
Shrimp kabobs Recipe : step by step
- Prepare marinade In a bowl combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, dry mint and tomato paste.
- Add shrimp Add shrimp and mix well to coat. Let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare veggies Meanwhile prepare veggies, use any that you like. I've used tomato, bell pepper and onion.
- Assemble skewers and grill or bake Thread veggies and shrimps on skewers and grill on bake in the oven.
Serve with rice, pasta, pita bread, however you like it. If you haven't laid your grill to a rest for this season yet, I highly recommend to cook this recipe on the grill, I've made it in the oven as well but the grill gives it a unique flavor.
Other shrimp recipes we love
This creamy garlic tuscan shrimps are on my to-do list. Let me know if you try it.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
Amazingly flavored grilled shrimp skewers with a slight hint of tartness from the tomato paste. Delicious, easy and very quick. If you like the recipe please give it a 5 star rating.
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 pounds extra large shrimp peeled and deveined
Vegetables for the skewers:
- 2 medium onions quartered.
- 2 medium bell peppers cut into chunks.
- 1 pint grape tomato.
- In a deep bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients and mix well.
- Add shrimps and combine until shrimps are well coated.
- Cover and let it marinade for 30 minutes.
- Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Arrange shrimps and veggies alternatively in skewers.
- Heat your grill on medium, grill shrimp for about 7-8 minutes, turning them halfway through until the sheets get pink and the meat is white.
- Preheat oven to 350F and cook shrimps for 13-15 minutes just until the shells turn pink.