These Baja Shrimp Tacos are fresh , crunchy and delicious. The combination of flavors from the shrimp, creamy dressing and avocado are amazing. The tacos can be served as a meal or appetizer, which makes them perfect for any occasion.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- The shrimp tacos are an incredibly flavorful and easy-to-make meal that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- The juicy shrimp, soft avocado, and creamy sauce all enhance each other’s flavors, making this a delicious dish to enjoy.
- These tacos are soft fresh allowing you to feel great about serving them to your family.
Tacos are a staple meal in our household, but sometimes we want some little different than basic beef or chicken tacos. That's where these seafood tacos come in. The juicy and tender shrimp is amazing.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card (printable) at the bottom of the page.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients and mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the first 7 ingredients and toss well to coat shrimp.
- Sauté shrimp in a large skillet on high heat about 4 minutes.
- Spoon shrimp in tortillas and top with coleslaw mix, Cotija cheese and drizzle sauce over. And, top with your favorite taco toppings.
💡 Amira's Tips
- I like to make the sauce first while I cook the shrimp so that the sauce has time to marinade a little and meld all the flavors together.
- Make sure that the shrimp is well coated with the seasonings so that you get the best flavor.
- Don't overload your skillet when sautéing the shrimp, so use a large skillet so that you have plenty of room.
- You can tell the shrimp is done when the shrimp turns opaque.
Store leftover tacos unassembled in an airtight container in the fridge for up 2-3 days. Store the flour tortillas at room temperature in a storage bag.
⌛ Make Ahead
This shrimp is best cooked fresh, however you can season the shrimp and make your sauce in advance. Just store them in separate bowls covered with lids or plastic wrap until you are ready to serve.
🍽️ Serve With
These delicious shrimp tacos are great served on their own. However, you could also serve them with a side dish of this Yellow Rice or even with these Homemade Doritos with some fresh salsa or guacamole.
- If you are not a fan of spice you can reduce the chili powder and cayenne pepper in this recipe to reduce the heat.
- I used flour tortillas to make this simple recipe. However, corn tortillas will also work well in this dish.
- Instead of shrimp you could also use diced chicken breasts to make baja chicken tacos.
I've found that best way to reheat the shrimp for this recipe is to reheat them in a skillet over medium heat until they are warm all the way through.
You can heat the tortillas in the oven, microwave, or on the stovetop. I prefer the oven or stovetop method the best.
Shrimp should reach a temperature of 145 degrees f to be at a safe temperature.
📣 Related Recipes
- Grilled Shrimp Kabobs are packed with flavor from their tangy marinade and then grilled to perfection. It's the perfect light meal when you are craving something simple.
- This Shrimp Scampi without wine recipe is a mouthwatering dish that combines succulent shrimp, garlic, butter, and a splash of lemon juice. Serve it over a bed of linguine for a classic and irresistible meal.
- This Shrimp Stew is a quick 20-minute healthy weeknight dinner for busy days. Succulent shrimp in rich bold tomato sauce to scoop over white rice or mop with a crusty piece of bread.
- Craving buttery, garlicky goodness? Enjoy this Baked Shrimp Scampi recipe – it's easy, elegant, and ready in under 30 minutes!
- Flavorful and tender with a delightful crispiness on the outside, Pan Fried Tilapia is a balanced, healthy dinner, cooked to golden perfection and deliciously seasoned.
More Mexican Style Recipes
- Air fryer shrimp tacos ready in less than 15 minutes making it a great healthy weeknight dinner.
- If you are a shrimp fan then next time you will want to give these Shrimp Fajitas a try. They are simple to make, and taste amazing. Your whole family will love them.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises!
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
What’s new? Check out Amira's Pantry Store on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of nostalgic goodness! Thanks so much for being a part of Amira's Pantry!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- medium bowl
- large bowl
- large skillet
Baja Shrimp Tacos
For the shrimp:
- 1 pound large shrimp deveined with tails taken off
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon oil
For the baja sauce:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Cotija cheese
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- Fresh cilantro
- Diced tomatoes
- Lime wedges
- red onion
- 12 tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine sauce ingredients well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the first 7 ingredients and toss well to coat shrimp.
- In a large skillet add oil and saute shrimp on high heat about 4 minutes.
- Assemble tortillas:
- Spoon shrimp in warm tortillas and top with coleslaw mix, Cotija cheese and drizzle sauce over.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
- Store leftover shrimp refrigerated in an airtight container for 4 days.
- You can use chipotle mayo in the sauce for a flavorful kick.
- For more tips check the post above.
- Please check the nutrition disclaimer policy.