This is a super delicious and easy shrimp recipe that is ready in less than 30 minutes. We love the combination of rich shrimp, olive oil and minty tomato sauce.
This is one of my mom's greatest hit, shrimps swimming in tomato sauce that bursts with flavors. Serve it over pasta or white rice and I guarantee you'll make everyone happy.
Today I'm bringing you this recipe that has been in the family for as long as I remember, so it has lots of good memories of family gathering, chatting, laughing and sneaking shrimps from behind mom's back, as shrimps are -and always have been- super expensive in Egypt.
My boys do not like fried shrimps, and do not ask when did then happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I mean who does not !! they have a strange taste, I know. When they had this shrimp at my mom's once, they fell for it, and I was very happy, so when I make this recipe they keep picking up shrimps leaving the veggies behind 😊.
Let me tell you, they are missing A LOT, and I do really mean a lot, these veggies swimming in a poodle of minty tomato sauce are destined to be enjoyed over a bed of white rice. This is a match made in heaven my friends.
Aside from cutting the veggies, this recipe takes less than 20 minutes start to finish, if we add time for cutting the veggies, then this recipe will probably be ready in like 30- 35 minutes. Serve with white rice or pasta, but personally I like white rice more for this recipe.
Your taste buds and your waist like will thank you for this recipe, and of course your beloved family.
- This is a quick and easy recipe for shrimp scampi recipe that takes just minutes to prepare, perfect for busy days.
- This baked sea bass recipe is one of our favorite. A whole fish is seasoned and topped with the most fresh and flavorful vegetable mix and baked perfectly for a flaky healthy dinner.
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
Shrimp Stew Recipe
- 2 lbs raw shrimp.
- 1 Onion. Large, diced
- ½ cup tomato. diced
- ½ cup parsley. loosly packed, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves. crushed
- ⅓ cup diced green bell pepper.
- Salt. to taste.
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1 - 2 teaspoons dried mint. *
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 cup tomato sauce.
- Pre heat your oven to 425F.
- In an oven dish combine onions, tomato, garlic, parsley and bell pepper, then add the spices and the oil and mix.
- Add shrimps and tomato sauce and mix all the ingredients well.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until shrimps are done.