Oven shrimp scampi is an easy, one bowl, mix and bake recipe. 5 minutes to prepare, 10 minutes in the oven and you'll have a fancy dinner ready for your family.
Next time try this air fryer tilapia, a very easy keto dinner idea.
Baked Shrimp Scampi
Shrimps swimming in garlicky, buttery sauce topped with Parmesan cheese with a hint of spiciness. Shrimp scampi casserole with no bread crumbs is going to be your favorite low carb easy weeknight dinner.
I've shared with you before my recipe for no wine shrimp scampi which many of you loved. This classic dish has got even better with an easier cooking method and healthier as it is a low carb version.
I've said it before and I am saying this again, shrimps is always in my mind when looking for quick and easy dinner ideas for my family. It is my kids' favorite protein and it is super quick to cook. The only disadvantage is the price, but I usually hunt for offers to make it affordable for my family. When there is a good shrimp offer I stock up my freezer for such nights when everything is going crazy and I have not got a lot of time to cook.
This Baked Shrimp Scampi recipe can be prepped in advance and when you are ready to prepare dinner just pop them in the oven and you are done. I do not like to marinate shrimps for long hours, but I understand that some people like it that way. This recipe needs only 5 minutes of active time to toss all the ingredients together, no layering breadcrumbs or prepping anything here.
What is scampi in shrimp scampi?
Scampi are lobster-like crustaceans with pink shells but cooks here in the United states use shrimps instead.
How do you cook pre cooked shrimp in the oven?
In this recipe, I do not recommend using precooked shrimps. They will curl into rounds with the texture of tires. I almost always buy raw, divined frozen shrimp and let it thaw overnight in the fridge. When it is time to cook the meal, I strain them pat them dry and proceed with the recipe.
How to cook shrimp in the oven?
Cooking shrimp is so easy, cooking shrimp in the oven is even easier and I should say almost effortless. There are a lot of variety recipes for cooking shrimp scampi in the oven, this one is a favorite in my family because it has cilantro. If are one of those people who cannot stand cilantro, feel free to omit.
- Place shrimps on your baking dish and top with butter and olive oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, then toss well to coat.
- Arrange the shrimps in a single layer or if you want to go fancy arrange them in circles like shown above.
- Bake in a 400F preheated oven until just turn pink.
What to serve with baked shrimp scampi?
This dish goes well with pasta or with a piece of crusty bread. However for a complete low carb meal try this baked shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles it is so delicious.
You might need:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you are going to make zucchini noodles I highly recommend this hand held spiralizer for a starter.It is cheap, gets the work done and easy to use for beginners and when you do not want to make a 100 zucchini for a big crowd.
📣 Related Recipes
- Sweet, tangy, and succulent shrimp shish kabobs are the perfect weeknight meal. Quick and easy weeknight meal that everyone will love.
- This Shrimp Stew is a quick 20-minute healthy weeknight dinner for busy days. Succulent shrimp in rich bold tomato sauce to scoop over white rice or mop with a crusty piece of bread.
- This Shrimp Scampi without wine recipe is a mouthwatering dish that combines succulent shrimp, garlic, butter, and a splash of lemon juice. Serve it over a bed of linguine for a classic and irresistible meal.
- This Baked Sea Bass is one of our favorite striped bass recipes. A whole fish is seasoned and topped with the most fresh and flavorful vegetable mix and baked perfectly for a flaky healthy dinner.
- The bold spices and tangy sour cream sauce on these Baja Shrimp Tacos are going to make your mouth sing. Kick back and relax on a tropical vacation with this 20 minute easy dinner idea.
Low Carb/ Keto Recipes
- For a refreshing and healthy option that's low in carbs but high in flavor, try this mouthwatering keto Greek salad recipe that will transport your taste buds straight to the Mediterranean!
- Keto cloud bread is incredibly easy to make, with only few ingredients! Great as rolls, loaf and very versatile.
Baked Shrimp Scampi (Keto)
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined.
- ⅓ cup melted butter.
- ¼ cup olive oil.
- 4 cloves garlic minced. 2 teaspoons
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley leaves.
- 2 Tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro. Note1
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice.
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt or to taste.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place shrimp on your baking dish and top with butter and olive oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Gently combine shrimp with all the ingredients then arrange in a single layer.
- Bake shrimp scampi in oven until pink and thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with more parsley and parmesan cheese if desired and serve.
- Make sure that you are using deveined shrimp.
- I highly recommend using cilantro it gives a very desirable fragrance to the dish but if you do not like it feel free to leave it off.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon and garnished with fresh parsley or any fresh herbs you have.