Tender and flaky tilapia fillets made in your air fryer. Healthy with a delicious flavor combo made with simple ingredients from your pantry. A 15 minute recipe that you will likely repeat over and over again.
Next try this fried tilapia recipe.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- Healthy, easy and quick solution to dinner.
- Very simple with a handful of ingredients you probably have on hand.
- Family tested and favorite for kids and adults.
- Light and Keto with only 1g carbs.
An effortless meal made in less than 15 minutes start to finish and budget-friendly. A win-win dinner idea for your family.
📝 Recipe Ingredients
he following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
🥄 Recipe Instructions
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In a small bowl add olive oil, lime zest and all the spices.
- Mix them well to combine.
- Rub tilapia fish all over with the spice mixture.
- Place fish fillets in your air fryer basket and air fry in a single layer, for 5 minutes on each side.
💡 Recipe Expert Tips
- If you have an oven style air fryer you might want to line up the fryer tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Please refer to your manual for the proper use of your air fryer.
- Cooking time may vary according to the size and thickness of your tilapia fillet. When done it should be flaky with an internal temperature of at least 145F.
💬 Recipe FAQs
Although it is recommended to consume wild caught fish, responsibly farmed fish are good too. Check out the source of your tilapia first.
I recommend thawing tilapia in the fridge first, but if you are stuck you can use frozen tilapia just give them a couple of minutes more in the air fryer.
Using a meat thermometer is your best choice, it should read 145F when inserted in the thickest part of your fish.
⌛ Make Ahead
You can marinate the tilapia for up to 2 hours. While many people say it is safe to marinate for up to 24 hours I do not recommend that as this recipe is really easy and do not require you to marinate the fish.
🍽️ Serve With
Leftover tilapia can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 month in an airtight container.
📣 More Air Fryer Recipes
If you are new to using your air fryer or just want to expand on air fryer recipes I've got your covered.
- This quick air fryer salmon recipe makes perfectly flavorful, moist fillets. Pair with rice and roasted vegetables for a healthy meal.
- Air fryer garlic bread is the easiest homemade garlic bread you can ever make.
- Try this moist and delicious air fryer stuffed chicken breast, will please kids and adults as well.
- Mahi mahi is a flaky yet firm fish with mild flavor, this oven baked recipe is so delicious and ready in less than 20 minutes.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
Air Fryer Tilapia Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillet 5-6 oz each
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons oregano
- Zest of one lime
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bow, mix all other ingredients.
- Rub tilapia on both sides generously with the spice mix
- Air fry for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- If you have an oven style air fryer you might want to line up the fryer tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Please refer to your manual for the proper use of your air fryer. Cooking time may vary according to the size and thickness of your tilapia fillet. When done it should be flaky with an internal temperature of at least 145F.
- Store: Leftover tilapia can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 month in an air tight container.
- To reheat: Air fried tilapia is better consumed same day but if you have leftover and want to reheat them I recommend reheating them on stove top in a lightly oiled skillet. Microwave is not recommended.
- Make ahead: You can marinate the tilapia for up to 2 hours. While many people say it is safe to marinate for up to 24 hours I do not recommend that as this recipe is really easy and do not require you to marinate the fish.
- Serve with: Serve tilapia with basmati rice, pita bread or roasted vegetables and do not forget some lemon wedges.