Baked cod with lemon cream sauce is the perfect 20 minute meal to satisfy hungry tummies in your home. An easy baked fish recipe with a handful of ingredients.
Baked fish fillet is one of the best baked fish recipes as fish comes out moist, tender and the creamy sauce is to die for.
Cod fillet have a mild flavor which makes it suitable for many palates but you are welcome to use any white fish fillet you like. I basically mixed all the ingredients together then bake. Capers are optional but adds an interesting touch to the creamy lemon butter sauce.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
Rich, flavored cream based sauces are a timeless pleasure. This creamy sauce is the perfect base for mild fish like cod.
The cream sauce gives the cod some much needed richness to ensure a beautifully moist baked fish. I needed to add some spices, citrus and capers to keep the richness in check and not overwhelming.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
- In an oven dish add all the ingredients except for fish.
- Mix everything well together and taste to adjust salt.
- Add fish fillets turning them on all sides to cover with sauce. Bake in your oven for 12-15 minutes.
🍽️ Serve With
- Use any white fish fillets you like . This recipe works great with tilapia.
- If using frozen fish, thaw completely and pat dry with paper kitchen towel.
I've cooked my fish in a 400F oven for 12-15 minutes. Just make sure that the internal temperature is between 130 and 140F or until the fish becomes flaky when tested with a fork.
In this recipe, I did not. If you fear overcooking your fish, cover with aluminum foil as it will act as a steamer keeping your fish moist and prevents drying out.
📣 More Recipes From the Blog
- Here is one of the best fried tilapia recipes used to love it since I was a little kid.
- Baked sea bass with a stunning flavorful vegetable mix goes pretty well with white rice.
- Fried calamari rings is the best seafood appetizer.
- Easy baked salmon with a Moroccan Chermoula touch.
I hope you'll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter!
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Amira's Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
Baked fish with creamy lemon sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted.
- 2-3 tablespoons capers
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 large garlic cloves.= 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound cod fish fillets Note1
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In your baking dish add all the ingredients except for fish and mix well.
- Add in fish fillets and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle top with more salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until flaky or cod registers between 130 and 140F.
- Garnish with fresh parsley oe lemon slices.
Sign up and learn more about Mediterranean flavors
First published Nov 14, 2014. Last updated August 12, 2021, with important tips, clear step-by-step instructions, and readability.