Get a big pot of rice ready because your dinner will be on the table in less than 30 minutes. Herb loaded and healthy baked salmon is what you need to impress your guests or for a quick simple weeknight dinner.
This is one of the best ways to cook salmon with tips and tricks, temperature and time needed for a flaky delicious flesh.
Herb Baked Salmon
Have you ever been intimidated by baking salmon in the oven? For some mentioning the word baked salmon from scratch brings this vision of dry, flavorless and dull salmon. Ruining such a beautiful and expensive fish is a nightmare by itself so many people opt out or buy already marinated salmon fillets and bake them at home.
The normal way of baking salmon relies on garlic, olive oil, lemon and dill. This is IMHO the best oven baked salmon recipe, not just because it is mine 🙂 but because of the herbs used. Today I am showing you how to get more fresh herbs involved. This Moroccan inspired salmon is packed full with flavors using the famous simple Moroccan chermoula sauce.
I love this trio ( parsley, cilantro and dill) so much, it has been running in my blood since early childhood.. adding this mixture to almost anything makes it better.
I have showed you before how to make different types of this amazing Moroccan sauce. You can use any type you like or even make your own. I liked using the basic one along with some spices and herbs necessary for fish according to our palates.
We were impressed by the depth of flavor of this sauce when combined with other ingredients. It will take your baked salmon to a whole new level. Here is what goes in this recipe.
The addition of harrissa is optional but I highly recommend it. It gives a spicy little kick to the already delicious sauce.
Simply marinate and bake
Tips for the best baked salmon
- How long to cook salmon? I recommend that you cook salmon on high temperature 450F for 12-15 minutes and that’s it. Over baked salmon does not taste good at all. A thermometer should read 130-140F. It will continue to cook as it cools down.
- I also recommend to marinade the fish for just 15 minutes, but if you do not have time then stick in the oven and bake it will still tastes delicious.
- Try to buy wild salmon and not farm raised ones. Any type of salmon will work, in fact you can use this marinade in any fish fillets as well just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- If you are a pro giller, you might want to grill the salmon. You might as well bake or grill in a foil pocket.
The sauce dripping of this salmon is amazing and the roasted herbs taste beyond this world so do not discard and mop it with some bread.
This has been our favorite especially for seafood parties along with shrimp scampi or the shrimp fajitas. These dishes are so easy and quick for weeknight dinners as well.
I hope you’ll like this recipe and please if you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #amiraspantry — I love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter! Don’t want to miss a recipe?
Sign up for the FREE Amira’s Pantry newsletter delivered to your inbox with lots of tips and surprises! And stay in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all the latest updates.
If you like this recipe do not forget to give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ star rating and attach a photo of your finished dish. It is always a pleasure of mine to see your photos and check your own take of the recipe. Thank you.
- 2 pounds skin-on salmon fillet
- 2 Tablespoon Chermoula.
- 2 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill.
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon Harissa (optional).
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander.
- 1/4 cup lime juice about 2 limes.
- 1 teaspoons salt or to taste.
- Heat oven to 450F. Place oven rack in center of your oven.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place salmon skin side down.
- In a small bowl mix all the marinade ingredients well.
- Spoon the marinade over the salmon and rub it all around. If you have time let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Bake salmon in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve and drizzle the juices over salmon and rice.